Secondary IF

Anyone have Hyperemesis Gravidarum with 1st child?

My pregnancy was pretty physically and mentally tough.  I didn't leave the house for the first 20 weeks except to go to the doctor's or the hospital:(    When DS was born, I forgot all about it and obviously want to do it again!

This time I'm prepared though because I know what I have and I will be proactive.

Just wondering if anyone was in the same boat?

Re: Anyone have Hyperemesis Gravidarum with 1st child?

• Yeah - I had it something fierce. I literally lived on Ensure supplement drinks for weeks - thats all I could stomach. It was horrible.
  • I did, along with all my other complications.  I was sick for the first 20 weeks, and hospitalized twice, then it made a fierce comeback in the 3rd tri.  It was awful!  Zofran was my friend.  I ate alot of mashed potatoes.  With everything I went through, I'm still anxious to do it again :)
  • Loading the player...
  • i did w/ #2

there will be no #3

you guys are brave

• I did with pregnancy #2 and 3.  With 2, I lost 20 pounds, was in and out of the hospital, had home iv's a zofran pump, PO reglan and zantac.  I gained a positive 10 with my twins.  They were 4 pounds and 3 pounds 15 ounces at birth, almost 8 weeks early.  With number 3, I lost almost 3 pounds was in and out of the hospital, had a zofran pump, PO reglan and zantac and they wanted to do a PICC line and a feeding tube.  There will be no more in our future.  I had other issues as well, IC, cerclages, and PIH which led to HELLP syndrome with my youngest as well as a premature delivery for him.  The doctors told us to not have anymore as a result.

They knew to be proactive with my third pregnancy and prescribed zofran at the hint of nausea, had me in all the time, hospitalized me for IV therapy, etc more and was very understanding (expept for the OB who told me to not waste her time with the stomach bug.  Everyone in the office knew what happened after that one)

• Wow, so I'm not the only one.  When I was really sick my dr's would tell me it was "just morning sickness".  It pissed me off to no end.  I went in for one appt and said " I haven't had a BM on my own for 9 weeks".  Their answer- "that's ok".  THey were horrible. I'm a nurse so I know when I am dehydrated etc...

Next time I will be on Zofran from the get go!

There's a good website that I found but not until 20 weeks or so

https://www.helpher.org/hyperemesis-gravidarum/impact-hyperemesis/index.php

I know it's crazy to want to go through it again but the end result is so worth it!

• I'm on there with the same screen name.
  • Mommyof4boys, do you still go on the site?  I think I'd run far away from it if I was done with babies:) lol   It sounds like you had quite the traumatic pregnancy without HG!!  At least you have 4 baby boys!

I hope I'm one of the 20% but I'm prepping for the worst.  If I can get pregnant that is!

• I don't really belong as this board as I've never had IF problems, but I saw this post while lurking and had to reply.  I had mild HG with number 1 and awful HG with number 2.  Mine lasted the entire pregnancy and I was hospitalized and then on home health care with home IV therapy and the Zofran pump up until 24 weeks.  The helpher.org website was a lifesaver to me.  Just knowing there were other women out there who knew what I was going through and had made it through meant so much to me.  Also, when there were a few on the third trimester board flaming me for wanting to induce early (they obviously had no concept as to what HG puts you through) the women on that board completely understood.  My son is only 2 months old so we own't be trying again for a very long time, but I dread going through it again.

Kristen (7), Timothy (5), Robert (3), Charles (9 months)

• I am on the board still but not very active.  I have had some long term issues as a result of the HG.  I had gall stones and kidney stones as a result as well as wierd nausea that still comes and goes.  I go on every once and a while to ask questions.  Funny, I came on this board by accident.  I thought it was the SAIF board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"