North Carolina Babies
Options

BFing and donating milk questions

Nate is 10 mos old.  He is doing great on solids and has been refusing to take breastmilk via bottle at daycare.  He still nurses well when we're together (morning, night, and on weekends).  We are working on getting him to drink from a sippy but not much luck with that--a few sips and that's about it.

My goal is to nurse until 12 mos.  I may decide to nurse morning and night after that but I really want to wean from daytime feeds b/c I don't want to have to pump at work anymore. Right now, I'm pumping twice per day at work and am planning to go down to one time per day over the next 2 weeks.

Can I go down to one (and eventually none) pump at work but still nurse on demand on the weekends?  During the day, he's really only nursing before naps and it's just until he falls asleep/gets sleepy.  So I'd say it's about 5 min of nursing before naps (he takes 2 naps per day).

I think I am approaching 2000 ounces of breastmilk in the freezer.  I was building a stash hoping I could be done by now with pumping at work and he'd be taking milk via sippy instead.  I'm going to keep the milk for now obviously but I have a feeling we will not need all of this milk.  I want to start looking into a good place to donate.  I remember this being discussed before but I can't find the old post.  I'm in the DC area now.  I think I remember someone talking about Human Milk for Human Babies??

Congrats if you made it through all of this! :)  Thanks!! 

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BFing and donating milk questions

• Options
    I can only answer one part of this :)  Yes, most people can wean daytime and still nurse morning and night and your body will adjust just fine.  It worked well for me.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"