Pre-School and Daycare

Can anyone recommend a booster seat?

Hi! I'm looking to move my 1-year-old into my older son's car seat (he's still in his bucket seat) and I'd like to move my 3.5-year-old into a booster. He's about 35 pounds. Can anyone recommend a good brand to go with?

He's in a Safety First Car Seat right now, and I've been very happy with it. I was going to get the exact same one for my younger son and keep my older DS in his current one, but then I thought it would make more sense too switch to a booster.

Any thoughts? 

Re: Can anyone recommend a booster seat?

• Thank you, smsalat!
  • We also have the Nautilus and love it.  I would definitely look into getting a seat that can be used as a 5-point harness and then transitioned to a booster.
  • Loading the player...
  • If he's in a Safety 1st Alpha Omega, I'd pass it down to your 1 year old. It doesn't make a good booster seat, at all. It's on the least recommended list (I can link if you want). The Nautilus is a good suggestion as it harnesses longer (and at 35 lbs 3.5 years, a belted booster isn't developmentally appropriate). Also look at the Britax Frontier and the Evenflo Maestro. All good seats, they will also work well when he's eventually ready for belt only harness.
  • We just recently moved DS into the Nautilus as well, and my whole reasoning for buying this one was because of the 5-point harness.  He's short for his age, and I wouldn't trust him with a seat belt yet.  And I want to say I just saw this one on sale somewhere....Target or BRU maybe?  I ordered through Amazon and got them for about $120 each w/free shipping.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You need a combination seat that can be used as a forward facing with a five point harness and later as a booster seat when he is developmentally ready to booster train. Evenflo Maestro, Graco Nautilus, Britax Frontier 85.

At 3.5 he's not ready for a booster seat yet.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • We have the Recaro ProSport and love it!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"