July 2011 Moms
Options

Mommy must haves...

A friend of mine is expecting soon and although she is insistent on not having a formal shower, we are having a dinner for her Saturday so I wanted to make her up a gift of "mommy must haves". I have a few things I am thinking of, but what item(s) do you love, have found extremely useful with LO, or just can't live without? Thanks!

ETA: extra points for links! ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mommy must haves...

• Options
    Moby wrap, Halo sleepsack swaddles
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

if breastfeeding- nipple creams, pads.

Something nice for hospital, like a new robe or slippers (my bday the 13 and I was in the hospital the 17, mil gave me a new robe bday/new mommy gift )

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I couldn't live without the Miracle Blanket for the first 4 months.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

The Rock-n-Play is so popular that I don't think a link is needed!  That was a lifesaver for us.

One thing we forgot were night lights!!!!!   First stubbed toe and I sent my DH to the store.

And for a fun gift, I like the book "Go the F to Sleep".  

• Options

I absolutely believe the Boppy is a must-have.  I love the shape and the firm-ness and the way it just stays in place.  Pillows do not compare.

Comfort is a huge part of breastfeeding.

ETA:  I'm still using mine and I rec'd it as a gift when DD1 was born.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just re-read your post and now I'm thinking you want some sort of gift bag of goodies or something, not a bunch of big items.

I thought these hospital survival kits were cute:  https://jensownroad.blogspot.com/2011/06/hospital-survival-kit-with-printables.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cloth diapers as burp cloths.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I couldn't live without swaddle blankets and a swing. But obviously you can't fit a swing in a gift basket :)
  • Options
    imagetawillers:

I just re-read your post and now I'm thinking you want some sort of gift bag of goodies or something, not a bunch of big items.

I thought these hospital survival kits were cute:  https://jensownroad.blogspot.com/2011/06/hospital-survival-kit-with-printables.html

Either/ or is great! I was thinking to buy one bigger thing and some smaller things to put with it, depending on cost.

• Options
    Swaddleme blankets, lanolin cream, and maybe even like nice coffee or something special just for the mom.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Snacks so they have something quick to eat. 
  • Options

imageweebos8:
    Swaddleme blankets, lanolin cream, and maybe even like nice coffee or something special just for the mom.

If you get her something for her that is so thoughtful! We've all been there, and something just for us is always so nice.

Even a card saying "congratulations mama" etc. a little note that she can count on you etc etc

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I wish someone would have given me the gift of "time". The "time" to take a shower, the "time" to take a nap, the "time" to do a load of laundry. Maybe make a few coupons for her offering to come over and watch baby for an hour or so,so she can do a few things on her own.

Sara 7/7/11
    Proof that pull and pray does not work if you are an Atheist.~Bethie
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMISSMOLLY1214:

I wish someone would have given me the gift of "time". The "time" to take a shower, the "time" to take a nap, the "time" to do a load of laundry. Maybe make a few coupons for her offering to come over and watch baby for an hour or so,so she can do a few things on her own.

Love this!!

Thanks for all the awesome ideas so far ladies! :)

• Options

I love my breastfriend! It helped with my back while breastfeeding Magdalin.

Here's the link  https://www.mybrestfriend.com/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageMISSMOLLY1214:

This is the best idea ever. 

• Options
    imageabbyfp2324:
    imageMISSMOLLY1214:

This is the best idea ever. 

Seriously, that was what I struggled with the most in the beginning. I didn't have anyone to help me out, so I would have killed for an hour here and there.

Sara 7/7/11
    Proof that pull and pray does not work if you are an Atheist.~Bethie
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If she has an ereader a gift card to the store (Amazon, B&N). I burn through my nookbooks during growth spurts, naps and pumping.
  • Options

imagekatiewhompus:
    If she has an ereader a gift card to the store (Amazon, B&N). I burn through my nookbooks during growth spurts, naps and pumping.

Another great idea!

• Options
    Rock n play was a God-send for us.  I think gift cards to restraunts are great gift ideas, so takeout is convenient and doesnt cost much.  The last thing I wanted to do was cook after having DS

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"