Breastfeeding

Got my first "you're still nursing"

LO is only 5 months, and I got my first oh wow, you're still nursing??  Really people?  I plan to nurse until at least a year if not further. I'm sure I will start getting that more and more. 

Re: Got my first "you're still nursing"

• Oh FFS.  A five month old?!  Most are not even eating food yet!  My 8 month old doesn't eat more than a tbsp of solids a day.
  • You should respond "well the baby still needs to eat!" 

Seriously, people are so insensitive....  Maybe that question is okay at 5 YEARS.... no need at 5 months....

• Loading the player...
  • lol... no at 5 months you should run out and start buying formula, DUH! ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I nursed DS #2 for 18 months. I don't understand why some people like to think that BF'ing should only last a few months and then you switch to formula. BM changes as LO grows, so it's always beneficial.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • People are ridiculous.
  • I got that question when LO was about 2.5 months old. Strange. 
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got that same question around that same time...from a neonatologist at work..........

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got that a lot when LO got his teeth.  He got them very early (two teeth at three months old!) so it got old fast.  Then they would say "wait until he bites you; you'll change your mind!".  He's 16 months today and we're still going!  Just ignore them.
  • Wow people really need to mind their business. They act like your son is 5 years old and in school asking to suck on your breast!!!

Ignore those idiots and just smile and think about how stupid they are lol 

• imagekcl22:
    I got that a lot when LO got his teeth.  He got them very early (two teeth at three months old!) so it got old fast.  Then they would say "wait until he bites you; you'll change your mind!".  He's 16 months today and we're still going!  Just ignore them.

LOL! DD bit me several times. It did not change my mind. It wasn't fun, but it was certainly a good way to introduce some early, gentle discipline and boundary setting. She learned very quickly what biting Mommy meant. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagepepomntpat:

imagekcl22:
    I got that a lot when LO got his teeth.  He got them very early (two teeth at three months old!) so it got old fast.  Then they would say "wait until he bites you; you'll change your mind!".  He's 16 months today and we're still going!  Just ignore them.

LOL! DD bit me several times. It did not change my mind. It wasn't fun, but it was certainly a good way to introduce some early, gentle discipline and boundary setting. She learned very quickly what biting Mommy meant. 

I was lucky that he only bit me literally a handful of times; all when he had new teeth.  I think my vocal reaction scared him into stopping!  But it didn't change my mind either; it's part of the process!

• The first time I heard this was at 4 weeks. Along with "You do know that formula is better for them than breastmilk after the first few weeks right? You are hurting your baby!" Yeah ok.
  • imagemrscarter09:
    I got that question when LO was about 2.5 months old. Strange. 

wow... just... wow.  

• jb2rnjb2rn member
    That is so sad!! How uneducated. My goal is that my son never has formula.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"