Success after IF
Options

Crazy Names!!

I was just talking to a gal at work about some of the crazy names at my girls' daycare and had to share with you guys too.

I know I have a weird name, but these take the cake!

There is one family with 4 kids ages 4 and under (none are twins!)  I can't even imagine the craziness since I'm half crazy with only 2 a year a part.  Anyway, the oldest is Sir Malaki, next is Kar'tier (pronounced like the brand Cartier) and the one in Hadley's class is MaiPrincess.  They have a new baby and I don't know his name yet but I'm dying to find out!

There is another boy named MyKing in the older class and a boy in Stella's class is named Badger (who is adorable).  

My girlfriend works at an elementary school in my town and she has some crazy names too.  My favorite is Queen Sheba.  Her mom made it clear that she must be called Queen Sheba, no nicknames and no shortening it to Queen or Sheba.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crazy Names!!

• Options
    Those are really weird...I think there is a difference between a unique name and one that is just flat out crazy!
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    I just wonder how they will handle those names as they get older.  Reminds me of the posts last week about naming your kids something that translates to getting jobs in adulthood. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holy crap!
  • Options

imagemarcuej:
    I just wonder how they will handle those names as they get older.  Reminds me of the posts last week about naming your kids something that translates to getting jobs in adulthood. 

Wait.  You don't think MaiPrincess and Queen Sheba are meant for royalty?  ;-) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageemiannie:

imagemarcuej:

Wait.  You don't think MaiPrincess and Queen Sheba are meant for royalty?  ;-) 

Um...I'm guessing not!  But I could be wrong.  Big Smile

• Options
    OMG can you imagine a "President Queen Sheba" one day, or really any professional?  What are they thinking?
  • Options

People like this are the reason that some countries require name approval by the state. Poor kids... :(

• Options
    imagemarcuej:

My favorite is Queen Sheba.  Her mom made it clear that she must be called Queen Sheba, no nicknames and no shortening it to Queen or Sheba.  

Are you kidding me?!? I think I would throw up a little in my mouth every time I had to refer to one of my students as Quees Sheba! That is just ridiculous!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

Wow ... if I could make one of those faces with the eyes bulging out I would :)  

I cam across a little girl named La-A (prounounced La DASH A)  ... yup they pronounced the - as DASH! 

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I heard a mom call for her daughter at the zoo once-she yelled, "Absidee."  After I thought about it, I bet her name was ABCDE.

I hope Betsy doesn't bring home a Badger.  I don't know if I could meet him with a straight face, especially if his sister comes along and she's Platypus. 

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Options
    imagepandabearlover:

I heard a mom call for her daughter at the zoo once-she yelled, "Absidee."  After I thought about it, I bet her name was ABCDE.

I hope Betsy doesn't bring home a Badger.  I don't know if I could meet him with a straight face, especially if his sister comes along and she's Platypus. 

Stop!! OMG! 

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can only assume that you live in some sort of weird fairy tale other world.
  • Options

Crazy Seattle moms! ;-)

Yeah bad.  Bad bad bad.  Poor kids...and teens...and adults!

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    Man, I gave my cousin the side eye last week after his wife gave birth to a little boy named Cedar...
  • Options

imageRoxBride:
    I can only assume that you live in some sort of weird fairy tale other world.

Nope...just plain ole Seattle!  Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"