2nd Trimester

2nd Time (or more) Moms and Movement

Soooo...I am starting to freak out about what I know is probably nothing.  This is my second pregnancy, and I was expecting to feel movement much earlier!  I wish I could remember when I first felt movement with DS (should have written it down), but I think I had felt something by now.

This time, I *may* have felt a few flutters, but I can't even be certain.  Pretty much everything says that you feel movement earlier the second time around. Any other second timers not feel movement earlier?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd Time (or more) Moms and Movement

• First time pregnancy here, but these answers from docs may help: https://bit.ly/zwefh4

Or at least you can ask another question to the OB/GYNs about movement for second timers. Hopefully that'll give some professional insight that I unfortunately can't provide.

• I *think* I'm feeling a tiny bit of movement (just yesterday 18w4d) but I'm not sure.  I was about 19w w/ DS.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Ive felt movements, but Ive had a lot of gas so Im not positive. Im also a lot more busy this pregnancy chasing a 2yo around, and I'm not "looking' for movement like I was with my first. Sometimes I even forget I'm having another baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not feeling anything consistently, but have felt a few flutters here and there.  I didn't feel my son until 20 weeks and they were definite kicks by then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I did feel DD earlier than I felt DS, but both were no earlier than 18 weeks. But I dont think it's unheard of for some moms to feel their second later than their first (I think there's a mom on my BMB that had this experience). But thought I'd also share that maybe your placenta is placed differently this time. I know this is my first time with a posterior placenta and the movement feels sooooo different than with the other 2 LOs, so maybe you had a posterior placenta before and now an anterior one, so you feel movement later and/or lighter to start. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The first time I felt a few flutters here and there between 18-21wks, and felt him kick around 21-22wks.

With this one DH and I felt him (DS2) kick for the first time at the end of 17wks. Im not sure if this one is stronger earlier, my OB said he is in the 90% for size...

Dont freak out!

• I was in the same boat! With my first LO I felt movement at 16 weeks.

With this LO, I *thought* I was feeling a little bit of movement, but I kept doubting everything and attributing it to gas instead of baby (even though it was probably baby all along). I don't know why I seemed less sure this time than the first time I was pregnant...but I definitely know how you are feeling.

Don't worry. I'm only a couple weeks further along than you and now I'm feeling big kicks. You'll know for sure sooooooon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've started feeling flutters but I have heard of 2nd time moms feeling later still. I would try not to stress about it if you can! Hopefully movement picks up soon!
  • I kept a journal with Lo #1 and it said I felt movement at 16 weeks...I will be 16 weeks friday with #2 and have felt maybe a few flutters but nothing I would consider "movement" so I am not feeling anything earlier this time around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I felt flutters and now kicks earlier this time, but I felt movement much less frequently with this pregnancy.  As soon as I started feeling flutters with DS, I felt them pretty often.  I felt flutters this time, but not very often.  I started feeling kicks this time around 18 weeks.  Within the last week or so, I've been feeling them more often, but I can still go a good part of the day without feeling anything.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSawyerplus1:
    ... so maybe you had a posterior placenta before and now an anterior one, so you feel movement later and/or lighter to start. 

This.  Do you know if your placenta is anterior or posterior?  I had an anterior placenta with DD.  I didn't feel flutters until about 20 weeks and didn't feel kicks or punches until about 24/25 weeks.  

I'm about 3-4 weeks behind where you're at now, but I haven't felt anything yet.  I'm hoping that I have a posterior placenta this time, but not sure yet since we opted out of the NT Scan.  

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure your LO will start kicking and punching you very soon.  :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"