Cloth Diapering
Options

Oh Katy fail :(

So I bought an Oh Katy diaper to try.  I saw they had mixed reviews, but hoped that they would work for my skinny LO.   He's worn it just twice so far, but both times have been a flop.  It SEEMS to fit him well, but here's what happened...

Attempt #1- worn for the usual 2 hours, LO only peed in it, it was SOAKED and leaking out of both legs and the waist.  

Attempt #2- worn for 45 min, LO peed and pooped, it leaked out of one leg.

LO is usually not a heavy wetter.  Even so, I'm going to try adding the newborn doubler tmrw and see what happens.  Does anyone else have any other suggestions or a similar experience with these?  I want to love it, but so far I think I'm SOL... 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Oh Katy fail :(

• Options
    If the insert is soaked, I would add more absorbency.  If it wasn't soaked and leaked out the leg, then it's a fit issue, but if the insert was soaked, you're going to have to change more frequently or add more absorbency.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • Options

imagechickpea912:
    If the insert is soaked, I would add more absorbency.  If it wasn't soaked and leaked out the leg, then it's a fit issue, but if the insert was soaked, you're going to have to change more frequently or add more absorbency.

That was my thought, too.  But 45 minutes?!  Really?  I guess I'm surprised b/c he's never completely saturated any other diaper so quickly.  I liked that the Oh Katy was trimmer, including the insert- but maybe that's the problem? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageGibsonGirl620:

imagechickpea912:

That was my thought, too.  But 45 minutes?!  Really?  I guess I'm surprised b/c he's never completely saturated any other diaper so quickly.  I liked that the Oh Katy was trimmer, including the insert- but maybe that's the problem? 

Could be - I find I had similar troubles with FuzziBunz - DD would soak through them so much more quickly than any others.  It's possible that the insert just isn't as heavy duty as others - you could always put an insert from another diaper in to try it out - it could help rule out any fit issue. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • Options
    Good idea.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks!  :)
  • Options

imagemargaretkaye1:
    I use both inserts at night and haven't had any issues. Normally we use MF with hemp. I would say its a fit issue. 

Hmm, interesting.  Good to know, thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"