Multiples
Options

Bottle Question for BFing Moms

Hi! We were really good after about a month giving one bottle a night of expressed milk to the girls (we did this because it was a lot easier for them to take their vitamin in the bottle rather than through the dropper). Things got a little crazy for a couple weeks we took out that bottle feeding and I was just exclusively breast feeding with no bottles for the past two weeks, and now they just won't take the bottle.

I've researched online for things to try, and so we've tried different nipples/bottles, including Dr. Brown's, but they'll drink an ounce and then "forget" how to suck or just become fussy and refuse it. Might it work better if DH gives the bottle without me in the room? Any tips on what worked for you?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bottle Question for BFing Moms

• Options
    Yes it very well might work better if DH gives them the bottle and you aren't around.  Sometimes my girls won't take a bottle until they get really really hungry, but then catch up to what they should have taken in.  They generally do not take a bottle from me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have no answers, but the same problem. We had a hard time BFing in the beginning and they began to prefer bottles of pumped milk. I worked with an LC and got them off bottles at 2 weeks old. I tried to give them a bottle for the first time this week to help them take their Zantac and they won't take it. We use the Avent bottles that were supposed to be the best for BF babies. 
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"