Austin Babies
Options

kite festival - advice!

we're thinking about going to the zilker kite festival for the first time this weekend.  for anyone who has attended before - is it a pain to have a stroller there?  would it be better for me to wear my 1 year old? what about parking?  i read that there are shuttle buses, but my husband doesn't like the idea of our kids on shuttle buses without car seats. 

thanks!

Re: kite festival - advice!

• Options
    I don't know about parking because we walk there, but bringing a stroller is a good idea.  I've gone with my friend and her two kids for a few years and she always has strollers, it's not a bother.
  • Options

we've always gone early and parked on the street.  The parking gets impossible pretty quickly, though, so you do have to be early.

I have brought and appreciated having a stroller in the past.  just easier to carry all the junk, especially since you'll probably want to bring or buy a kite while you're there.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenanann:

we've always gone early and parked on the street.  The parking gets impossible pretty quickly, though, so you do have to be early.

I have brought and appreciated having a stroller in the past.  just easier to carry all the junk, especially since you'll probably want to bring or buy a kite while you're there.

Ditto this. Go early. Bring a stroller*.

*I say that b/c we have "off road" strollers that are good for the terrain. I would hesitate to bring a plastic-wheel stroller, though it would probably be fine and still be useful for hauling stuff. 

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options

we got there early last year -- right when it opened - and didn't have a problem finding street parking.  we brought our jogging stroller and it wasn't a problem.  

have fun!! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There is free parking at some of the state parking garages downtown, and then you can walk along the hike and bike trail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"