Babies: 9 - 12 Months

x/p What is your first BDay party theme?

I looked a few pages back and didn't find a similar post.

I cannot find a theme that DH and I both agree on. Can you please post some pictures or ideas please! We will not have a lot of kids (maybe 5 kids) so I don't want it to be too kiddy. I wanted a carnival theme but we are in the middle of a remodel and will not be able to do it in our backyard and I don't want to do it indoors because to me it kills what I had in mind (petting zoo, bouncy). I liked the UNO party but DH doesn't. HELP! Thank you.
Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: x/p What is your first BDay party theme?

• I am doing a pirate theme. I don't really have any pictures or anything, so not sure if it helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not a themey person, but there are a ton of great ideas on pinterest!

We're just doing a small thing, Lots of balloons, Elmo cupcakes, and dinner (not sure what yet.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ladybugs!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • DS' birthday party will be on March 17 (he was born March 20), so the theme pretty much suggested itself. :) I'm doing green/Irish food, rainbow cupcakes, green and rainbow decorations, etc.
  • We are doing itsy bitsy spider theme. It is her favorite song, she loves it when I sing it to her and it always calms her down when she is upset.

I made colorful spiders out of foam balls and spray paint and piper cleaners for table decorations. I am also making a big sun foam ball. I used etsy to find invites and little favor tags and we are doing colorful jelly beans as the little gift bag for guests (that match all the colors I used).

I will probably do a few themed games, like pin the spider on the spout or something equally cheesy.

• Pinterest has so many great ideas and that is why it's so hard to decide! I LOVE the itsy bitsy spider theme. So cute and original.

I think right now I'm going with Mickey Mouse club House - red, black and yellow.

Thanks Ladies! Good Luck with planning and the event!

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm doing a "little man" theme.  Lots of argyle, ties, and fake mustaches.  I found some great ideas for the cake and decorations on pinterest as well.  There aren't really going to be any little, little ones there, so no games or anything. However, the decorations will be awesome!  I can't wait!

• imagedbadura01:
    I'm doing a "little man" theme.  Lots of argyle, ties, and fake mustaches.  I found some great ideas for the cake and decorations on pinterest as well.  There aren't really going to be any little, little ones there, so no games or anything. However, the decorations will be awesome!  I can't wait!

That sounds ADORABLE!

• Just decided this weekend. We booked a shelter at a local park that has a carousel and mini train ride. We decided to play off the train theme and I found some really cute ideas with pink trains and a train ticket invitation on pinterest and etsy.
  • Were doing Robots. There are some pictures of what I'm using to decorate on my blog here:  https://www.thekavanaughreport.blogspot.com/2012/02/dark-side-of-pinterest.html

Im getting most of my ideas from Pinterest.  

imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Well, ours is kind of girly. It's "You are my Sunshine". I haven't read the other responses yet, but I'm sure someone has mentioned searching through Pinterest for ideas. That's where I got most of mine. :)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• We did polka dots for DD's first and are planning on doing Dr. Seuss for DS's.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • imagewalkercpa:
    DS' birthday party will be on March 17 (he was born March 20), so the theme pretty much suggested itself. :) I'm doing green/Irish food, rainbow cupcakes, green and rainbow decorations, etc.

DD's bday party is March 17 too, but I am specifically not doing a St. Patty's day theme because I want it to be her day (I grew up with my bday close to xmas, so I'm kinda sensitive that way). We're doing Strawberry Shortcake. I'm not sure what I'd do if I had a boy, but I was looking at Sesame Street for DD which is gender neutral.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• We are doing a safari theme and having the party at a state park right down the road from our house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • We are having a bird themed party.

For DS we had just the big #1 and polka dots. I loved it. Bright colors, not babyish, and fun.

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • we are doing Yo Gabba Gabba b/c it's DD's favorite. She loves her Foofa doll...

Birthday Express sent me a catalog a few days back and they have a whole party pack.

good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are going with a jungle/animal theme. I want to be able to use many colors and not be too matchy so this is why we choose this theme.

We are doing marshmallow pops with chocolate stripes as centerpieces and few balloons for decor.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are doing a garden party theme. It will be  a girly party with lots of bright colors.  Her birthday is in May and we have a gazebo in our back yard, lots of gardens and a big bonfire pit.  The colors are going to be green and pink, lots of balloons, cupcakes, cake pops, watermelon and kiwi salad, lots and lots of food :) 

We are renting a few long tables and some chairs and we are doing a big outdoor party, and I am buying all disposable table wear from this place https://smartyhadaparty.com/ We will probably have about 20 or so people over.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Not sure yet of the theme, but I will be spending quite a bit of time searching Pinterest to narrow it down!

Some themes I like are circus carnival, jungle, polka dots, or just a color combo- like yellow & gray.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• I am having a pink flowers & butterfly them for my daughters 1st birthday 

• I am trying to decide between curious george or sock monkeys
  • Construction for DS. We did neon butterflies for DD. I also found most of my ideas on Pinterest.

• Nothing is set in stone yet, but we are looking towards the sock monkey theme.
  • We're doing a monster theme. I'm doing a basket with a sign on it that says "adopt a monster" and there will be plush monsters for the kids to choose from. We'll have about 10 kids with ages ranging from 6 months to 9 years old. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We live by the beach, and my parents house is second from the beach--so we are having the party there--and doing a beach theme. We won't have that many little kids, but I was planning on getting buckets and shovels for them.

I know the theme isn't that creative--and unless she has a SERIOUS new interest in the next month and a half--beach it is! 

My daughter is my hero.
  • Alexander's Underwater ONEderland... sorry no pictures yet, the party is 3/17.  Lots of fishies and such.  Great ideas on pinterest!  I'm addicted!
  • We are doing a beach/ocean theme because we are celebrating at the beach.

There are tons of ideas on pinterest for a pirate theme that I think would be so cute for a boy!image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Monkeys.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers Met my soulmate 3/18/2006, married him 9/26/2009 Baby L 11/06 Natural M/C Baby L 2.0 9/08 Natural M/C Lily 6/2/11 6 lbs 12oz
  • im trying to come up with a place first! lol. we live in phoenix and she will turn 1 in June. Way to hot to do something outside but our home is too small to have tons of people at it, not to mention we have two crazy dogs! Hope you get lots of great ideas and your party is a hit!
  • No theme. We are doing light pink and light yellow and focusing on the fact that she is ONE! The pictures that I found on pinterest are for a pink lemonade theme but we're leaving out the lemonade.?
  • imageSarahL77:
    Well, ours is kind of girly. It's "You are my Sunshine". I haven't read the other responses yet, but I'm sure someone has mentioned searching through Pinterest for ideas. That's where I got most of mine. :)
    I saw a really nice "You are my Sunshine" party done for a boy on catchmyparty.com

We are doing a Red Riding Hood party in the park.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • this might help you. It literally has thousands of party ideas with pictures  

https://www.karaspartyideas.com/p/party-categories.html

We are doing the very hungry caterpillar theme  

• Rubber Duckies- LO loves bath time

pintrest & https://pizzazzerie.com/ have wonderful ideas Big Smile

• DS' birthday is March 17 with his party on the same day, so we're avoiding the St. Patrick's day theme stuff. He has a whole life of leprechauns and shamrocks on his birthday.

We're going with SpongeBob. Totally non-traditional 1st birthday party, so it works for us.

We have a SpongeBob cake for the adults (DS gets his own cake), a SB happy birthday banner and a few spinny things to hang up. Otherwise, it's just colors from the show... yellow plates, green utensils, purple cups, etc. Our party is only immediate family (less than 20 people) so we're not going crazy with centerpieces and party favors. We'll save that for when he's older and can actually remember it.

• Owls.  V is known for her owl nursery :)
    Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Not sure yet.  It will probably be between Pirates and Cardinals Baseball.

• Flowers
  • were doing a polka dots/lollipops/sweet things kind of theme, colors are dark pink, white and turquoise
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"