Stay at Home Moms

He just keeps feeding the dog...

Lo used to be great at feeding him self.. until he noticed that the dog eats what he drops on the floor. he thinks this is SO funny! It really is very cute.. but I need him to eat his own food! If the dog isn't around he still drops it on the floor and waits for him to eat it. 

I tried going back to spoon feeding.. but he just tries to rip the spoon out of my hand and then food goes everywhere!

I guess i am just going to have to wait this out..until its not so funny anymore.

Anyone else have this issue ?

Re: He just keeps feeding the dog...

• LO has a new habit of swatting the spoon when I go to feed him... This morning he pushed it and got food all over him and me. I'm glad we don't have a dog, although I'm sure it would be cute to watch! ;)

Hopefully it'll end soon, GL :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have had this issue on and off for the past year. DS will be on a feeding the dog kick for a while, and then he gets over it, and then he will go back to feeding the dog. It is very frustrating and now we have an overweight dog.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We never allow the dog in the kitchen or dining room while we eat, so that does help.  And any time DD throws food, we take her food away and keep reenforcing for her to tell us 'all done' instead of throwing food.  I feel like a broken record, but I'm sure one day she'll stop.  lol

Just yesterday I'm eating a sandwich, Teaghan eats maybe half her lunch and she is playing.  She came over and started yelling for some of my sandwich.  I break off a bite and she immediately turns and takes it to the dog!  brat...  While it still happens, it's certainly less and less. 

• Same boat here! My least favorite ( but adorable) Is if I give her something big like a piece of bagel she holds it out to the dog so he can have a bite then put the rest back in her mouth. And looks so pleased...like look mom im sharing! I almost always catch it but they have some sneaky Baby/dog communication going on.  And the dog is getting really fat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"