Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

herbal tea

when can you give kids tea?  plain, no sugar. we drink a lot of tea and i was just curious. are herbal teas safe? or just plain black tea?

Re: herbal tea

• Options

dd#1 didn't have anything but milk or water until she was 2.... 

No clue on tea, but I probably wouldn't be in a hurry... and I would certainly make sure is didn't have caffeine.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would stay away from tea. Caffeine causes increased heart rate and blood pressure for kids. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seeing as how herbal tea doesn't have caffeine in it.... DS has had catnip tea, which is really great for babies and has a lot of healing properties. 
  • Options
    I'd give iced herbal tea in place of fruit juice to a kid, maybe even a toddler, but NOT to a baby at all.  I drink tea several times a day for the taste and the health benefits, but I don't think it's appropriate for little, little kids. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"