Two Under 2
Options

XP: Deciding to have "Two Under 2" ? .... **clicky poll**

So, I'm coming to this board for advice on when DH and I should start trying for #2!  It will possibly make it so we will have two under two, but I'm just looking for thoughts.

These are our two ideal choices, so tell me...

Based on your experience and if you could do it all over again.... would you....

[Poll]

Re: XP: Deciding to have "Two Under 2" ? .... **clicky poll**

• Options
    Considering we all have had 2u2, your results may be skewed - I think for the most part we like our family spacing...hopefully people who have had a larger age gap and 2u2 will also reply!  Good luck deciding Smile
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You have to do what's right for your family...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrs.M317:
    You have to do what's right for your family...

I'm not a 2u2 mommy yet, but I totally agree with this.

• Options
    I agree with the PP- most of us already have 2 under 2, and no one can tell you what's right for your family, GL.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options

You have to do what is best for your family.

Mine are 16 months apart, and while it has been difficult, the older they get the more I like how close in age they are.  But notice I'm not pregnant or expecting #3 right now ;).

Just out of sheer curiousity, why are the choices 10 months and 21 months?  Why not start TTC at 10 months and see what happens?  He might be 16 months when you get pregnant.  Who knows!  Not to sound cliche, but you really can't plan this stuff down to the exact month.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    imagesweetpea2003:

You have to do what is best for your family.

Mine are 16 months apart, and while it has been difficult, the older they get the more I like how close in age they are.  But notice I'm not pregnant or expecting #3 right now ;).

Just out of sheer curiousity, why are the choices 10 months and 21 months?  Why not start TTC at 10 months and see what happens?  He might be 16 months when you get pregnant.  Who knows!  Not to sound cliche, but you really can't plan this stuff down to the exact month.

ITA! Only my 2 are 13.5 months apart. There's no way I will be pregnant again and my hands are definitely full but I wouldn't change it either.
  • Options

We have a large age gap b/w 1 and 2 and a small one between 2 and 3.  Each has its pros and cons.  It is really about doing what is right for your family.  

I wish we started TTC#2 sooner (we tried for a 2 year gap and got an almost 4 year gap due to pg losses) because we might have had a 4th child (not something I would have thought I would ever want to do).  We have decided we are done because of how old we want (or don't want) to be with little ones, but if we started sooner, or TTC#2 sooner, we likely would have had one more baby.  So one consideration I didn't know was important was leaving room at the end in case we wanted more than the 2 we initially planned on having.

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

I wanted 2u2 because me and my siblings are all close in age (parents had 5u5). It was a blast growing up and we are all really close and always have been, I wanted the same for my kids.

If we do have another LO, we will start trying when this new kid is around one year and have 3u3. 

• Options
    as long as you are prepared to have 3U2 I say go for it! ... Twins is always a possibility :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"