Babies: 0 - 3 Months

what natural product are you using for diaper rash?

i was using aquaphor most of the time in between changes but just read that petroleum has been linked w/cancer. i've also been using motherlove when my dd has an actual rash but i'm looking for something thicker to apply in between diaper changes.

what do you use? 

Re: what natural product are you using for diaper rash?

• Cj's butter which I buy at jackbenatural.com. I love the consistency and it can be used for everything skin related, from chapped lips for mom to diaper rash for baby. It is also cloth diaper safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I obviously have no personal experience, but we plan on using CJ Butters as well.  I've heard great things about it and love that it has a variety of uses.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • There was a post on here (or maybe in the breastfeeding group) about using breastmilk to combat diaper rash.  One poster said she swears by it and uses it for everything.  I think she dips a cotton pad or ball into a small bowl of bmilk and wipes it all over LO's bottom and then lets it air dry.  It doesn't get more natural than that!

I personally have never tried it, but it has been in the back of my mind since I read the post. 

Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • tea baths.  They work awesome!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• coconut oil or grapefruit seed extract (10 drops mixed into water)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ecosprout bottom balm
    image. image. image.
  • I use Thirstie's Diaper Wipe Solution with cloth wipes and CJ's Butter with just about every change (we use cloth too). We're currently dealing with thrush so I'm opening up probiotics capsules and sprinkling them on DS's butt a few times a day to make sure nothing yeasty ends up down there. We also use cloth diapers.

No hints of diaper rash yet! 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use WaterWipes for my wipes. They contain 2 ingredients: Water and grapefruit seed extract. No chemicals means it doesn't sting or cause irritation. 
  • I don't apply anything between changes unless, on rare occasion, he looks a little red (when I use aquaphor, so I'm no help).  By only applying it if he looks a little red we have only had to use it once and the redness goes away.  In seven weeks I've only had to apply it three times.  Same with my first -- the only diaper rash she ever had was from antibiotics.  No need to apply with each diaper!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We have used motherlove products. Otherwise, the best thing for us has been to just let him air out completely during diaper changes before slipping on the new diaper. Prevention has been best!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"