Maryland Babies

If you serve food at your DD/DS's parties...

What type of food do you serve?

Do you typically serve the same thing each year?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you serve food at your DD/DS's parties...

• We try to serve finger foods and foods that kids/most people like. 

We do serve a lot of the same things but we do try to change it up each time. We added 2 different things for C's party this weekend. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I think I had pretty much the same foods at her 2nd and 3rd b-day parties - chick fila nuggets, chips/pretzels, dips, chicken sandwiches, juice boxes and water.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Last year I did, chicken nuggets, chips, veggies w/dip, meatballs, goldfish/pretzels and I'm sure other stuff. I think next year I may change it up for her 3rd party. But we shall see what happens.

• We have decided to do pizza for his first birthday party.  I also plan on making some dips and have people make desserts.  We aren't having a ton of people, so we don't want to spend a butt load of money and stress me out even more with what to make.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLoveLossHopeRepeat:

I try to switch things up each year, since I see her party as an excuse to try new dishes. Another thing to note is that Mia's never had a friends-centric party. Frankly, I'm not ready to go down that road, and it just hasn't seemed necessary at such a young age. So her birthday parties are family-centric, and thus, consist mainly of adults.

For her 3rd birthday we had: tortilla roll-ups (two different kinds: one with meat, one without), chicken salad with mini croissants, veggies with hummus, spinach and herb dip with tortilla chips, Caesar salad, cornflake chicken nuggets, cheesecake-stuffed strawberries, and chocolate cupcakes.

For her 4th birthday I think we had: mini baked ham and cheese sandwiches, fruit tray with fluff dip, baked spinach and artichoke dip with tortilla chips, shrimp pasta salad, probably some chips with onion dip, peanut butter cupcakes and a strawberry cake. I can't find the menu, so I'm not positive about all of that.

This year is going to have a rainbow theme, so I'm going to try to build the food around that.

What are you doing on Saturday? ;) I wish we had the energy to do food like that :) 

• I start planning the one's birthday before I'm even done planning the other's. This year, I'm throwing a surprise 30th for DH into the mix as well. No theme for that really though. 

Our problem with party food is that we get lazy plus my dad is picky so we try to stick to things he will eat. Wait, isn't that something we need to do for the kids? :p 

• LLHR- How did the ham and cheese things go over at the last party you had?  I'm thinking about having them for the party next weekend. I made them before and thought they were really good.

Also, do you have a recipe for the roll-ups? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"