D.C. Area Babies
Options

Moving to the Area

Hello ladies, DH and I are moving to the area and need recomendations on where to live. I will be working at Fort Belvoir in Virginia and my husband will be in the DC area. I would like to live somewhere near DC but not too horrible of a commute for me. Oh and a garage is a "must have" because of our motorcycles. Any recommendations ?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Moving to the Area

• Options
    I replied on the nest.. Welcome!
  • Options

Welcome to town! The Kingstown area in Alexandria would be a really good fit. It's in southern Alexandria, wedged right between Route 1, 395 and 495, which makes getting in and out of town really convenient. Also, the last metro stop on the Blue line is right there, so your hubby can commute that way if need be. Ft. Belvoir is the southern border of the neighborhood, so you will be a stones throw away. 

Another very positive thing about Kingstown is that it is in Fairfax County, which has fantastic schools, public libraries and parks.  Almost all single family homes in the area have a garage. There are a lot of military families in the area, and if you want to rent there are usually a fair amount of homes that owners rent out because of deployment.

Good luck! 

snowbaby-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"