Trouble TTC

Had My Tarot Cards Read Last Night...

My friend and I have been talking about going to the local psychic night for about 4 years and finally went last night. I didn't have high expectations but this woman got pretty much everything about me completely and totally wrong.

She totally lost me about 2 minutes in when she said I didn't have any health problems except for a calcium deficiency and that I should take a multi vitamin. Hmm.. really? I have IF and fibromyalgia and I take a prenatal, extra folic acid, omega 3, vitamin c and calcium every day. I think I have my vitamins covered.

She also told me that a woman close to me at work was going to get pregnant and I would be happy about it. I don't know about all of you but pregnant women at work don't make me particularly happy these days. (Not to mention that none of the women I consider being close to at work are likely to get pregnant any time soon.)

On the plus side, she said that I would have a very long lasting marriage and that my dog will live past the age of 15. 

The friend I was with had the same exact person read her cards just before me and she said her mouth was dropped open the entire time because she was so accurate. 

Has anyone ever been to their local psychic? Were you impressed or unimpressed? :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had My Tarot Cards Read Last Night...

• I went to a voodoo lady (LOL) on Bourbon Street two years ago ....not during Mardi Gras, and it was daylight out, haha. She was pretty spot on, although sometimes gave generic statements. She said she felt like I wanted to change careers and go out on my own and that I should take the leap because she saw me as being successful. Ironically, my husband and I were just in the beginning talks of me starting my own business...which I did about 7 months later and its been going REALLY well!!!  She did say she saw me as a mom someday too, so I'm giving her like another year then I'm going back to NOLA for my moneyback, LOL  :)
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• I had 2 online readings done last Sept. One said I'd get KU from a cycle starting in Sept.. I did. I had a c/p from our Sept IUI. The other said I would get KU from my April into May 2013 cycle. We'll see if that one works out. 
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I live close to Salem, Ma and I have gotten my cards read a few times.  They were always accurate.  When i was 18 I went, and she said i would have a major back injury in the next few years.  I broke my back 2 years later.

MIL has had her cards read twice.  Both times the psychic told her one of her sons was going to have twins.  Since we are moving on to IVF next, maybe it will be us :)

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • imagekflynn81:
    I went to a voodoo lady (LOL) on Bourbon Street two years ago ....not during Mardi Gras, and it was daylight out, haha. She was pretty spot on, although sometimes gave generic statements. She said she felt like I wanted to change careers and go out on my own and that I should take the leap because she saw me as being successful. Ironically, my husband and I were just in the beginning talks of me starting my own business...which I did about 7 months later and its been going REALLY well!!!  She did say she saw me as a mom someday too, so I'm giving her like another year then I'm going back to NOLA for my moneyback, LOL  :)

My sister lives near New Orleans and next time I go visit, maybe we will have to take a trip to Bourbon Street :). I'm glad to hear your business is doing very well. What kind of business is it? 

• imageMsGMChick:
    I had 2 online readings done last Sept. One said I'd get KU from a cycle starting in Sept.. I did. I had a c/p from our Sept IUI. The other said I would get KU from my April into May 2013 cycle. We'll see if that one works out. 

I'm sorry that her accurate reading turned into your c/p! Also, having to wait until April into May 2013 is not cool at all! Let's hope she was wrong on that one and that you get your BFP sooner! 

• imageBlueyed228:

I live close to Salem, Ma and I have gotten my cards read a few times.  They were always accurate.  When i was 18 I went, and she said i would have a major back injury in the next few years.  I broke my back 2 years later.

MIL has had her cards read twice.  Both times the psychic told her one of her sons was going to have twins.  Since we are moving on to IVF next, maybe it will be us :)

That is crazy that she predicted your back injury! I would be scared to hear that kind of news. I hope that you are totally healed up now and that you get those predicted twins from your first IVF!

• I did! I went last fall and was so excited about it, as the psychic I was seeing has been weirdly spot-on for many people I know.

Long story short, it was a let-down. She told me I have a great husband (already knew that) and that I'd have no trouble getting pregnant (lies). She said I'd be pregnant by February of this year (didn't happen) and that I'd ultimately end up with two boys and a girl. We'll see about that last one, I guess...

Anniversary
  • Haha, she was the lady who read cards and told fortunes in the back of a clothing store and had a bunch of cats running around....strange set up but she seemed harmless enough, hope you find her :)

My business is Property Management...mainly just condo associations now. It was a rough start, since I had no income, but now that word is spreading its building pretty quick!! Yay! :)

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• imageLightdrwr:

My friend and I have been talking about going to the local psychic night for about 4 years and finally went last night. I didn't have high expectations but this woman got pretty much everything about me completely and totally wrong.

She totally lost me about 2 minutes in when she said I didn't have any health problems except for a calcium deficiency and that I should take a multi vitamin. Hmm.. really? I have IF and fibromyalgia and I take a prenatal, extra folic acid, omega 3, vitamin c and calcium every day. I think I have my vitamins covered.

She also told me that a woman close to me at work was going to get pregnant and I would be happy about it. I don't know about all of you but pregnant women at work don't make me particularly happy these days. (Not to mention that none of the women I consider being close to at work are likely to get pregnant any time soon.)

On the plus side, she said that I would have a very long lasting marriage and that my dog will live past the age of 15. 

The friend I was with had the same exact person read her cards just before me and she said her mouth was dropped open the entire time because she was so accurate. 

Has anyone ever been to their local psychic? Were you impressed or unimpressed? :) 

I have no idea if this psychic was right or wrong, but most calcium deficiencies are due to a magnesium deficiency as the two are absorbed together. Thus, the extra calcium supplement may not mean that you're covered on calcium. I'd look into it if a psychic told me that, even if it might be baloney.

Maybe a woman at work will be pregnant after IF, so it will be happy because of that even if you aren't close?

I wouldn't discount this psychic quite yet. Wait and see! 

Photobucket
  • imageElleBeeKay:

I did! I went last fall and was so excited about it, as the psychic I was seeing has been weirdly spot-on for many people I know.

Long story short, it was a let-down. She told me I have a great husband (already knew that) and that I'd have no trouble getting pregnant (lies). She said I'd be pregnant by February of this year (didn't happen) and that I'd ultimately end up with two boys and a girl. We'll see about that last one, I guess...

I understand the let down. I was hoping she'd at least get a thing or two right! It was even more disappointing because she was so spot on about my friend. Oh well :)

• imagemaggie2324:
    imageLightdrwr:

I have no idea if this psychic was right or wrong, but most calcium deficiencies are due to a magnesium deficiency as the two are absorbed together. Thus, the extra calcium supplement may not mean that you're covered on calcium. I'd look into it if a psychic told me that, even if it might be baloney.

Maybe a woman at work will be pregnant after IF, so it will be happy because of that even if you aren't close?

I wouldn't discount this psychic quite yet. Wait and see! 

I'll look into this. Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"