Infertility
Options

talked to RE nurse about why Lupron injection after FET

update to my post from the other day. she said it enhances the chance for the embryo to stick after implant and gives it a boost. idk if thats a great medical definition but it cant hurt, right? lol

she did say the egg should have implanted by now (3dp3dt). so now more waiting. they put me on prometrium as well, so now i am on that, PIO injections, and progestrone suppositories. 

i think ive run out of places to stick progestrone LOL 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: talked to RE nurse about why Lupron injection after FET

• Options
    This is so fascinating about the Lupron! Seems like there is so much to learn in this process! Grow embies, grow!!!
  • Options

I missed your post from the other day but just wanted to say that I did a Lupron injection after my last fresh ivf.  I thought it was strange at the time and I didn't get much better explaination then you did.  I had a bad reaction to Lupron when I previously used it in a flare protocol so I was really hestitant in taking it after a transfer.  The nurse's response "Then don't take it"  Stick out tongue

They also didn't tell me in advance of the retrievel so I spent an arm and leg on the meds from the pharmacy across the way.  Sure would have been nice to not be blindsided like that.

Good luck!  Hope it does the trick for you!

TTC #1 since 9/07
    Dx MFI, AMA, Endo, AMH .16
    Lap 10/09 Removed endometrioma, stage IV endo and adhesions
    Lap 2/10 Endometrioma cysts & adhesions returned.
    Ivf #1 4/10 Antagonist, ET Cancelled.
    IVF #2 2/11 A/ACP+E2V C/P
    IVF #3 6/11 Letrozole/Antagonist BFN
    IVF #4 11/11 Low stim Antagonist BFN
    Lap 3/12 Lap & Selective HSG
    Many cycles of Letrozole and LP HCG w/TI and LDN
    IVF #5 8/12 Low stim BFN
    IUI #1 10/12 BFN br> S&PAIFW
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It seems like the lupron post ET is just a Dr. C.heck thing!  They ordered it for me too and I had no clue why it was in my meds until I saw the ET sheet. But I never made it to transfer so I didn't end up using it...

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

imageMrs.McIrish:
    It seems like the lupron post ET is just a Dr. C.heck thing!  They ordered it for me too and I had no clue why it was in my meds until I saw the ET sheet. But I never made it to transfer so I didn't end up using it...

maybe! do you plan on going back to them next time? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Very interesting.  Thanks for the update! Your progesterone comment made me lol Big Smile

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
    2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
    October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
    January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
    Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
    March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
    Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"