Austin Babies

~*Weekly PG Check-in*~

To join or update this list, please post here with your Nestie name, EDD, and prediction of baby's sex, actual sex if you know, or if it's a surprise!
Question of the week:   
Any special song that reminds you of the LO or your pregnancy?

If you have any questions you?d like to see ask let me know! We?re running low in the question bank :)

Updates: How is everything going? Please share any updates you might have, including a recent bump pic!

Abh1977 ? 2/20/12 (surprise)
HSartteach ? 3/17/12 (surprise)
Fjaril ? 3/17/12 (boy)
Baileybaby2010 ? 3/17/12
longhornkelly - 3/28/12
Angelaggie ? 3/31/12 (girl)
Esbeek ? 4/3/12 (boy)
FusionLMT ? 4/14/12 (girl)
Funkymonkeyohyeahhh ? 4/15/12
UTbride06 ? 4/20/12 (surprise)
Dapo2004 ? 4/21/12 (guess is girl)
Sweetdreams2000 ? 4/21/12 (girl)
FoxyHoff ? 4/22/12 (guess is boy)
Leigha23 ? 4/27/12 (boy)
Atlantic ? 4/27/12 (identical twin boys)
Michelleaxo ? 5/5/12 (girl)
Texasbeachbride ? 5/19/12 (surprise)
luluAXA - 05/26/12
justsummie- 6/3/12 (guess is boy)
August8080 ? 6/7/12 (girl twins)
nikison - 6/14/12 (boy)
kellenickle ? 6/17/12 (surprise)
Kitkatishbakk ? 6/21/12 (boy)
ashleybritton ? 6/22/12 (boy)
Rach03k ? 6/30/12 (boy)
thethomps - 7/5/12 (boy)

ndluvsrk - 7/9/12

LonghornNaggie - 7/13/12 (boy)
KristieR2007 - 7/18/12 (girl) 
danabugg - 7/28/12 (surprise)
kirknsarah-8/16/12
ruthyk ? 9/4/12 (surprise)
TheMcCombies ? 9/26/12 (surprise)
christym0606 - 10/9/12
AustinBride06 - 10/15/12

Here are the current standings: Team Blue: 11, Team Pink: 7, Team Green: 8

Re: ~*Weekly PG Check-in*~

• QOTW:  I can't really think of any song that reminds me of L.  I do sing "You are my Sunshine" to him.  As for Tiny, right now, when I hear "Turn Around Bright Eyes" I think of him/her because I sing it to my belly in the shower in hopes tiny will get the hint to rotate to AP.

UPDATE: 2.5 weeks left.  Everyone thinks I am going to go early, but not me.  I think Tiny is in for the long run.  Not much else is new.  Just that weird pop in my belly that I plan on asking the MW about this morning.  I am almost through with my list at school, but still no long-term sub hired.  Everyday I get worried about that more and more.  I don't know what they are going to do about it.

ETA:  Here's my current bump pic.  Excuse the weird look on my face--I used the self-timer for the first time on my camera today.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • QOTW: There isn't a song that reminds me of my pregnancy. I've heard of moms singing and babies going to town dancing, but I don't think Owen likes my voice because he never moves when I sing! ;-)

Updates: This week we hit viability so that's exciting! We had a 3D ultrasound at the doctors office which was pretty amazing, although still a little creepy. We're making a lot of progress in the nursery which makes me really excited!

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Please add me. I'm due in October but it will likely be September with my history of 3 early babies. The song life is beautiful has been playing in my head for weeks now. 

Update:  I feel fantastic, just tired and exhausted. This is my first pg that I haven't been sick all day every day. I'm treating ms as a nutritional deficiency and so far it's working like a charm. We have hired our midwife and our birth photographer and we meet with doulas this week and next. We are planning a home birth which will be a big change for us after 3 medicated hospital births. MW said we are awesome candidates for a hb and we are thrilled. We are also team green as long as taryn doesn't show major signs of stress over the possibility of another boy. If we find out it will only be to help her deal. But you can list us as team green for now.  

• QOTW: not that I can think of. I sing and play piano a lot, but nothing in particular. Lots of broadway show tunes. 

Update: hanging in there. This has been a rough week. DH had been gone since last Monday. My dog had stomach surgery which was really stressful. Now I'm suppose to not let her jump for a week. How do I manage getting a boxer not to jump? New pregnancy side effect is arthritic hands. They hurt so bad. Just turning a door knob is painful. My hands aren't swollen and no wrist pain just extreme joint pain. Exactly one month til my due date. Thinking I'll probably go til April. Hopefully not April 1.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • QOTW:  If I had a song of the week, it would be "Baby got Back".  Seriously, I think she's about to crack a rib with all that booty shaking.  It is so uncomfortable!

Updates:  I'm having issues with my hands/fingers at night, so the dr has me wearing carpel tunnel braces to sleep in.  It seems to be helping some, but not completely.  My fingers still ache for the first half of the day each day.  I also got an impromptu u/s last week b/c both the dr and I thought baby's booty was her head, so she wanted to confirm her position.  Turns out, she's head down, but still super high.  Oh, and I'm dying from allergies.  Its awful, and I've thought about calling into work every day this week b/c of it.

• No songs!

In good news: Friday is 32 weeks and they said I could go home on Friday if I make it!!  Kind of scary to think about going into labor at home because the hospital is far away and I don't like the hospitals closer.  But sooooo happy to go home.  Today is 14 days in the hospital...I'm over it.

In b!tching news:  I got a roommate last night.  I've been lucky and have only had a roommate for 3 days so far.  I thought she was nice last ngiht but this morning she is really pissing me off.  She has the worst attitude and apparently has claustrophobia which gives her seizures or something.  Now, i know it sucks to be on the non-window side of the room, I spent a week there the first time I was admitted.  But sorry, suck it up.  The door is wide open and the curtain is open.  I feel like I have zero privacy...well... I don't.  I'm trying to work and it's distracting when people keep walking by, coming in, etc.  I'm pissed.  It better only be until Friday.

Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats to carlinlp and MrsRosie! So exciting!

QOTW: Before we knew that these were two girls, DH and I would always sing Colin Raye's song, One Boy, One Girl. Can't think of a particular song now. 

Update: Doula is hired-thanks for all the recs-we went with Ame S at Ge t Bab ied. Saw the peri and my OB last Thursday. Both babies measured at exactly the same weight, had plenty of amniotic fluid and looked great. My fundal height was 29 cm (25 weeks) so not overly huge, although I feel it.

I'm seeing a chiro (thanks for the rec, carlinlp!) to help manage aches and pains and to ensure my proper body alignment to help these babies get into a great position for birth. I really, really, really, really, really want to deliver vaginally and for that to happen baby A has to be head down, so I'm working a lot on my body position and doing all the things to optimize her chances.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Congrats to Mrs. Rosie and carlinlp!!! 

I'm still here!  Trying everything my midwives tell me to get things moving.  I have until Monday to get this baby here on my own, and then I risk out of the birthing center and have to go to the hospital, so I'll take any labor dust anyone wants to send my way!  I've been doing acupuncture, which has totally taken away the back pain I've had for the last 3 or 4 months.  So I'm feeling really good, strangely enough.  I'm still working most days, which wouldn't be my first choice, but hasn't been too bad. 

QOTW:  I don't have a song that reminds me of Peanut  - now I kind of wish I did!

BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • No song in particular.

Update: My friends threw me a lovely sprinkle on Sunday and we are for sure set for little girl cuteness through 6 months at least. Just got over a cold too, so hoping this next 1-2 months will just fly by now with minimal pain and no more sickness.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • After 8 months of being a single mom (and 5 months pregnant) during the week, my husband is finally coming home this week!!! I really don't know how single moms do it! Anyway, I'm looking forward for the help on the evenings with Lyla and hoping it will help me feel a little less run down 24/7. I'm surprised how uncomfortable I am and how big my stomach already is and it's freaking me out wondering how big it will get! My sacrum is bothering me and he nausea and barfing is lingering. The constipation is a new addition to this pregnancy. Can you tell I'm having a good week? God help me through the next 20 weeks.
  • imageabh1977:

Congrats to Mrs. Rosie and carlinlp!!! 

I'm still here!  Trying everything my midwives tell me to get things moving.  I have until Monday to get this baby here on my own, and then I risk out of the birthing center and have to go to the hospital, so I'll take any labor dust anyone wants to send my way!  I've been doing acupuncture, which has totally taken away the back pain I've had for the last 3 or 4 months.  So I'm feeling really good, strangely enough.  I'm still working most days, which wouldn't be my first choice, but hasn't been too bad. 

QOTW:  I don't have a song that reminds me of Peanut  - now I kind of wish I did!

Lots of labor dust to you! Just remember, statistics are on your side that you WILL go into labor on your own before Monday!! Glad you're feeling better, at least :) 

Have the MWs stripped your membranes? I had a baby less than 24 hours after my OB did that. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageaugust8080:
    imageabh1977:

Congrats to Mrs. Rosie and carlinlp!!! 

Lots of labor dust to you! Just remember, statistics are on your side that you WILL go into labor on your own before Monday!! Glad you're feeling better, at least :) 

Have the MWs stripped your membranes? I had a baby less than 24 hours after my OB did that. 

Thanks so much for the encouragement!  I'm trying to stay positive - I know being discouraged doesn't help.  They stripped my membranes yesterday, but not really any action since then.  But still, I'm hopeful!

BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • QOTW:  There's not a specific song that comes to mind.

Update:  After finally telling the last of the people we wanted to tell personally, we spilled the beans yesterday to everyone else. Seeing all the replies and congratulations on FB really was so incredible.  So, now it's REALLY real.  People actually know!  

I'm feeling good, nausea is pretty much gone, but starting to get small headaches in the morning.  I had my first stranger ask me when "the big day" was going to be, so I guess I'm actually starting to show a bit!

• Congrats again MrsRosie and carlinlp!!

Trying to shake all this negativity... having a hard time believing that tomorrow's appointment will go well.  I'll be excited if it does of course (at least for a little while) but I can't really visualize it.  I guess it's because I've never really gotten past this point before... the furthest I've ever gotten w/ a heartbeat is 7w2d.  I'm scared all these extra supplements and acupuncture and injections aren't working and then I'll be back to square one.  I've had nothing but great news so far, I don't know why I can't be more optimistic.  I guess that's PGAL for ya. 

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Will you add me too?  I'm feeling brave enough to jump over... we're due 10/26.

My song with Lilly was "you are my sunshine" I found out after her death the second verse is extremely appropriate for our loss so now it will always be her song. 

Our betas are rising nicely and we go in for our first ultrasound next week.  I'm happy and excited but also scared to death.  So far this pregnancy has been different and uneventful so that's a good thing.  I don't think I'll really be happy and comfortable until after 26 weeks. 

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats again to Mrs.Rosie and Carlinp!

LOTS AND LOTS of labor dust to ABH. 

QOTW: I don't have a particular song for this pregnancy.

Update: DD is sort of understanding that mommy has a baby in her belly and has started laying her head on me and 'talking' to baby brother...which melts my heart every time.

I met with a nutritionist on Monday and started a vigilant GD diet. So far, my glucose numbers are worse than before meeting with them Sad 

We meet with the OB again on Friday and will most likely adjust my meds. Ce La Vie. As long as baby and I are both healthy, I will do whatever is necessary. 

• Congrats t o all  the new BFPs!! So exciting.

QOTW: No song yet, but I'm sure that will come soon. DH is super into music, so....

Update: Things are fine. We got a doppler, and it's been nice to hear the baby's heartbeat. Our next appointment is Monday. For the most part, I'm feeling much better, although my bad days are really bad. I told my boss, and she was very happy and excited for us, so that's a huge relief.

Pregnancy Ticker CP 4w1d March '11
    Clomid 50mg June '11 - BFN
    Clomid 100 mg Oct '11 - BFN
    Clomid 150 mg Nov '11 - BFP @9dpo! Beta#1 @10dpo: 22; Beta#2 @12dpo: 67 Beta#3 @18dpo: 1069! EDD 8-16-12
    My (mostly) business travel blog
  • Congrats to all the newbies!

My husband sings "Here Comes the Sun" to my belly a lot. (We're having a boy, so double entendre, though I don't think either one of us thought of that until recently.)

Feeling good this week, feeling positive, and ready to go. Sometimes pregnancy hormones are great. If anyone wants a recommendation for prenatal yoga classes, I've definitely found my favorite teacher after going to several. It's not just a lie-around-relaxing kind of thing, but feels like a real, albeit modified, yoga class. It's also so nice to be around a group of pregnant women for a few hours a week! Hard to believe that I'll not be a pregnant woman soon ...

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Congrats to the new BFPs!

QOTW:  no songs in particular

Update:  Well, I failed my 1hr glucose test by 7 stinkin points so I had to go in for the 3 hr yesterday.  That felt like torture.  I have my fingers and toes crossed that I passed.  I have also started noticing some minor feet swelling and back pain.  I feel like its too early for that!  I need to get in to the accupuncturist or a good yoga class to hopefully keep the back pain from getting worse.   

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow, I've missed a bunch!! Congrats agran, Rosie, and carlinlp!!

By the way, if anyone would like to be added to the PG GTG list, please let me know. We are planning on getting together on the 14th of March.

Updates: Still doing pretty well. I am officially out of hiding now at work and with all of our friends and K1 is so happy that he's having a baby brother.

I have yet to capture a bump pic. Poor baby. I need to get on it.

Would you please update to reflect we're having a boy? TIA!!

• I would love to be added to the pg gtg list!
  • Congrats to everyone and Labor dust sent !

QOTW: No song, i'm a slacker or something :)

Update: I was hoping to get a belly shot, but alas, I'm a slacker. We planned to do a little photo session earlier this month, but yeah, that didn't happen. I don't think I have a single belly shot of this one :

We're both looking great :) plenty of fluid and baby j is head down and in the right direction :) So I suppose I'll spend my free time continuing to be nearly upside down. baby j has an "unstable lie" which means he likes to flip and spin.

I start the get labor started acupuncture on Monday and Tuesday Dr is going to strip my membranes. 

I'm slightly feeling weird doing it at 38 weeks, but I have GD and the baby is supposed to be out in week 39. I want to try for a vbac, so I have until the 15th (which is 2 days shy of my original due date, so technically week 39) when my repeat-c is scheduled. 

So, if you all have any spare vbac dust, I'd love some.

• Congrats to the new bfps!

QOTW: With Leo I used to sing "When it Rains" by the Eli Young Band a lot during the pregnancy. When he arrived completely with colic that song calmed him down more than any other. I thought the kind of pessimistic attitude in the song was pretty appropriate for the situation too, lol. Nothing really stood out with Charlie or with this one yet. 

Update: No real changes. I feel very large lately and I know that's only going to get "worse." I'm much bigger than I was with the boys this early. We had a busy weekend and I think I'm still recovering, lol. I just want to laze around and do nothing, but our closet is in desperate need of organization as is Henry's entire room. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ~*~*~*vbac dust to you fjaril*~*~*~

And, of course nd...you would start a pg gtg group when I am due and will no longer be pg...

• Please add me to the gtg list! DH is coming home soni might actually get to play!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"