Babies on the Brain

Do you have an IUD?

Mine is being placed next week. The only question I have is if it hurts to be put in? My doctor suggested taking Advil beforehand to ease the pain.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog

Re: Do you have an IUD?

• I have Mirena and there was 1 little part that hurt, almost like AF cramps and that was it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just a little uncomfortable and a slight pinch. I did take advil before each time. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have Mirena (am getting it out next week) and it was a little painful when they put it in, but I just took some deep breaths and it was pretty quick. Basically like heavy cramping. But the worst part for me was that I was REALLY bloated for several weeks afterwards, and the progesterone made my face break out for several months. I have always had nearly perfect skin, so this was unusual. My periods decreased to nothing by the 3rd month and I have gone about 18 months with just tiny spotting here and there...no period. The convenience of it has been awesome. But I do think it's made me hold on to weight more than I used to. I eat right and work out and am having more trouble losing weight than before. I've read that can be a side effect for some, so just throwing that out there. Good luck!
  • For me getting it placed was extremely painful. But, I didn't have it done 6 weeks PP like most women do. I switched BC to the Mirena about 16 months after DD was born. I figured it was probably so uncomfortable because my cervix wasn't nearly as soft and open as it would've been 6 weeks PP so take this with a grain of salt. I took 600mg Motrin when I got home and that did nothing for me. I spent the rest of the day curled up on the couch. I guess my uterus was pretty pissed off! It took a week for the cramping to go away. Again, my experience isn't typical! My SIL had hers placed at her first PP appointment and had no issues. I personally hate the Mirena and can't wait to get it removed in two weeks. I plan on looking at other BC options after I have my next child.
  • My doc said I must have a "tough cervix", because I didn't feel a thing. Other than the speculum. I guess it just depends on the person. And I have an extremely low pain tolerance.
  • I'm not going to sugar-coat it-- mine hurt. A LOT. I am positive that I have a very sensitive cervix, but regardless, it hurt. I spent the rest of the day curled up, and was just thankful it was over. The next day I was fine, and I had the paraguard in for two years-- I had it removed because it caused me to have a lot of mid-cycle cramping, and extremely heavy periods that lasted 8-10 days. :(
    Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageSCBride2007:
    I'm not going to sugar-coat it-- mine hurt. A LOT. I am positive that I have a very sensitive cervix, but regardless, it hurt. I spent the rest of the day curled up, and was just thankful it was over. The next day I was fine, and I had the paraguard in for two years-- I had it removed because it caused me to have a lot of mid-cycle cramping, and extremely heavy periods that lasted 8-10 days. :(

All of this. I almost passed out and sat in my car for almost 30mins before I could bring myself to try and drive home because of the pain. My doctor warned me though that because I did not go into labor that it would probably hurt really bad.

I read somewhere that the more kids you have, the less it hurts but who knows!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"