South Florida Babies

San Fran Planning... any input?

Dh and I would like to take a solo trip before beginning to think about TTC #3.  We are thinking about SF, but aren't 100% committed to it.  Ideally, I'd like to go in end of Mar or April.  Anyone been in that period?  We for sure want to do the wine country... too cold?  Are the wineries open?  Any input would be greatly appreciated!  We'd prob go for 4-5 days.
-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: San Fran Planning... any input?

• I have been in San Fran that time period and its chilly (its always at least layer whether) but not horrible. April is probably better. I am not sure about the winery's because I went to Napa in October. I think you will always have tastings. I do not think the wineries close but its worth calling.

Great rec for a FAB "hole in the wall" winery - Goose Cross Cellars - its more rustic than fancy but I cannot say enough about the staff or the wine. Tell Jose I said HELLO! LOL.

I still have wine I have not opened.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went to San Fran a few years ago in March for about the same length of time.  The weather was awesome, sunny but cool, kind of like last week in Miami.  We stayed in San Fran and did most of our sightseeing there.  We took the ferry for a half-day trip to Sausalito (highly recommend) and then did a day trip tour of Sonoma and Napa.  We really liked the V. sattui Winery and the Black Stallion Winery.  If you are pressed for time, I'd skip Alcatraz because that could take up a whole day.  But, I'm more of an explore the city like a resident traveler.  My favorite thing to do in each city is find a fresh market, buy some grub, and head to a park for a picnic.  The market inside the Ferry Building is amazing and they have a fresh market outside once a week or so.  

I cant wait to travel with Elise!  You got me all excited!  But, we are just doing Diseny and Sanibel this year.   

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

I cant wait to travel with Elise!  You got me all excited!  But, we are just doing Diseny and Sanibel this year.   

Hm, the boys are NOT coming with us!  Dh and I need some alone time ASAP!  I'm super excited to travel with them one day so they can exprience different cultures, but they are way too little to come along this time.  We are doing Sarasota with them this year again for 2 wks (can't wait) and I know they will enjoy that to the max.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

Hm, the boys are NOT coming with us!  Dh and I need some alone time ASAP!  I'm super excited to travel with them one day so they can exprience different cultures, but they are way too little to come along this time.  We are doing Sarasota with them this year again for 2 wks (can't wait) and I know they will enjoy that to the max.

-- Jackie
  • imagecocojack10:
    imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

LOL!  We need more alone time, too, but we always feel gulty about even a date night because we work so much that we dont want to miss out on one minute with her during the weekends.  Jose actually wanted to take her to the zoo for our anniversary, lol. 

• We went last year in the beginning of April...it was chilly at night but beautiful during the day.  We also did Napa during the same trip and since you are in the valley the weather is a lot more mild.  It is also not "winery season" which is actually nice because the wineries are not as packed and you get more attention.  If you want some ideas for tours we did the Urban Trek in San Fran (check them out on tripadvisor...it was AMAZING!).  We also did Platypus Wine Tours in Napa which was great as well since we had never been and didn't know which wineries to hit....and it was nice to not have to worry about driving.  If you like sparkling wine go to Domaine Carneros..it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! 
  • DH and I love SF.  try The Stinking Rose; a garlic themed restarant.... fabulous food!  We also love heading out to Napa.  If you've never been i would suggest a tour at Robert Mondavi; not the best of the local wines but give them most info about the process and you learn a lot about the whole proces of wine making.  our two favorite vineyarda are Kelham and T-Vine.  both require an appointment ahead of time.  But so worth it.  At Kelham, you'll be the only ones there being given a tasting by Mrs. Kelham herself (she's great) overlooking her amazing property.  IF you are looking to reconnect with DH i highly recommend!!! have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"