Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pauses In Breathing

Hi everyone! 

I would like to tell you about this mat i got recently that just about saved my baby's life and im truly thankful for it. My baby was born early and the doctor told us that babies often stop breathing for short periods of time though usually they start breathing again but some don't and this is fatal for the baby. Especially if they are sleeping and don't realize it. This was really dangerous for our baby since she was born premature. I searched online and found this mat, which detects the baby's breath counts and will alert you on a portable parents unit if there's anything wrong. It has warned me several times when my baby stopped breathing so that i could run over and pat my baby, helping her start breathing again. 

This really helped me alot and i thought i'd share this with you, here's the website: www.ibabyguard.com Do go take a look! 

Cheers!

Re: Pauses In Breathing

• I'm going to assume this is spam but just in case it's not I'll educate you. First of all, there is a medical term for it called apnea. It is usually defined as a pause in breathing that lasts for at least 20 seconds. If your baby is having true apnea spells, long enough to set off this alarm (assuming they aren't false alarms, which you say they are not), you need to seek real medical attention. In preemies that are past their due date, this is NOT normal and needs to be addressed. Very short pauses are normal in any baby, including full termers, but true apnea spells just aren't. I have a 26 weeker who came home from the NICU on a true medical apnea monitor because there was only a slight doubt that she had not yet outgrown her apnea phase of life. These at home monitors are great and can clue you in to a possible problem, but if they are regularly going off, please seek medical attention.
    Born at 26 weeks 2 days gestation, 2 pounds 2 ounces due to IC/PTL,
    and after 82 days in the NICU, our little girl is home!
    Untitled Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • Man you spammers sure are getting wordy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"