Babies: 6 - 9 Months

changing diaper/clothes on a super roller baby?!

He WILL NOT stay on his back even for a diaper change and lord help us all if we try to put clothes on him.  He gets SO mad and every time seems to be a fight these days!  

I have hanging things right over his changing area for him to play with but he is bored with them and my funny faces : (

I feel dumb even asking but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!   

Re: changing diaper/clothes on a super roller baby?!

• Sometimes I just change E on the ground on a flat changing pad and I throw my leg over her to pin her down.  It looks ridiculous....but so is a poopy butt running away from you.
  • here are a few things I do:

- change on the floor

-distract with different/new toys

-give him something that's not a toy, but he loves-  the remote, lotion tube, etc.  I just pay attention and make sure he's not eating lotion or something, but lord, he loves the Aveeno tube!  The Aveeno tube saves us.

- sing a song.  Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes gets him to stop and listen

- Dress him sitting between my legs.  I get the onesie on him and then do socks, pants, jackets, whatever with him facing out and sitting up.  He is much more cooperative.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • iphone! I downloaded the app called BabyTouch Ladybird he lives for it. so i just turn on the app and give the iphone while i change his diaper he can hit it with his hands and little baby animals appear with their parent animal its so cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I've started giving DS something for each hand. It makes it more challenging especially when trying to get clothes off and on but he seems to stay put better if his hands are occupied with holding/turning/trying to eat something. I try to stick with simple, smallish items, right now two shapes from his shape sorter seem to be working. Just make sure it's washable items since you never know why's going to happen once you open the diaper ;-)
  • I don't have a changing table, I just change LO on the floor. But she loves to try to roll away when I change her too. I give her whatever toy or non-harmful item is closest and getting her attention and let her hold on to it until I am done. That tends to do the trick. And when I change her clothes I have to just peel it out of one hand at a time to get them into her sleeves. It is still a fight sometimes though.
  • I don't have a changing table - just use the floor. I hand him different toys and that sometimes works...but often it is a fight!! I often put his pants on while he's on his tummy army crawling away. 
  • DD gets to play with the box of Kleenex while she gets her diaper changed for exactly this reason.  She loves to pull out and tear up the Kleenex, but at least she isn't rolling all over!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"