Stay at Home Moms
Options

i just completely over reacted. - long.

I had a doctors appointment today at 330. FI was coming home from work early so I could go, I don't have anyone to watch LO for me during the day and FI works a hour+ away. The doctors office just called me and told me I had to come in early.. at 2:30. Which is in 2 freakin minutes! Theres no way FI could get home that quick - duh. Well I told the lady that is impossiable and she is like well we will rescudule you for tomorrow. Again impossiable. I told her, please, please! dont cancel my appointment It's so hard to get a sitter for my son and FI works a hour away I cant make it any earlier then 3:30. And she tells me that all of there other appts. cancelled for this afternoon. So oviously they want to leave early. I kind of freaked out on her and hung up the phone. They called me back 2 times and i didnt pick up. (baby was screaming,, he waas screaming while i was on the phone with her in the 1st place - get the hint lady!)  And then she calls again and i pick up and shes like ok - i guess we will stay. I said no thats fine i will find a new doctors. <- over react.

They wanted to cancel because of the snow. It just started snowing! Its not even sticking to the roads yet. I get that they dont want to get stuck there but its for 1 freakin hour. And we are going supposed to get 2-5 inches of rain/snow. WTF this is new england lady! you should have brought your snow boots to work today.

I was so upset because i made this appointment because I really havent been feeling well. It wasn't just a physical or anything. Iv been having head achs since JUNE. And recently Iv been feeling really really tired, my chest feels really heavy on and off, and i just feel off. I want to know what is going on. I of course think i am dying and i have cancer or a brain tumor or something, and doctor google is just not cutting it this time. I neever ever go to the doctor because i dont feel good, this time i feel like i need to.

Needless to say I will not be going back there!

I feel pretty stupid, but whatever.

Sorry for the rant. and alll the spelling errors. 

Re: i just completely over reacted. - long.

• Options

Yes, they should have honored the original appt time and given you more notice if they wanted to change it.  However, things happen.  And yes, I do think you overreacted a bit. 

If you feel so bad and want the dr to see you, why didn't you just take the baby with you?  I know it's not ideal, but if I were really that sick/concerned for my health, I'd pack the baby up and make it work.

• Options
    imageseans_grl:

Yes, they should have honored the original appt time and given you more notice if they wanted to change it.  However, things happen.  And yes, I do think you overreacted a bit. 

If you feel so bad and want the dr to see you, why didn't you just take the baby with you?  I know it's not ideal, but if I were really that sick/concerned for my health, I'd pack the baby up and make it work.

I agree with this.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I deffiently lover reacted.. I think aunt flow is coming lol.

I didn't take LO with me because he wont sit still, won't let me hold him in my lap or anything. If he was a could months young I would, or even a little older I would. But we are in the stage of almost walking, pulling down anything he can reach, and does not want to sit still. I want to have a conversation with he doctor about how I have been feeling. If I took the baby the appr would have lasted all of 5mins. Don't get me wrong if I had a dyer emergency I would deffiently take him, but I would also just go to the er. 

• Options

I hope you can find a new doc.  I think it's terrible that they called you to come in early--- I would say most people can't just drop whatever they are doing and come to an appointment early-- I know I couldn't.  Even people that work or don't have kids aren't just sitting around waiting to go to the doctor.  

I hate taking my kids to appointments because it is torture for all of us, but I have taken DD with me before.  My primary care doc has a really quick turnaround so taking her with me wasn't so bad, maybe you can find an office like that.  I always make my appointments for first thing in the morning before they have time to get backed up.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    And also I got so upset because she made it do obvious that they were using the storm as an excuse to leave early. And u know what the snow is still not sticking!
  • Options

That's really odd. 

Sounds to me like the receptionist made the all or nothing decision on her own, then called you back after talking to the doc.  

• Options
    imagealli2672:

That's really odd. 

Sounds to me like the receptionist made the all or nothing decision on her own, then called you back after talking to the doc.  

Yuppp 

• Options

I grew up in NE and 2-5 inches of snow is a JOKE.  They wouldn't cancel school unless it was well over 18 inches.

Yes, there was an overreaction on your part, but what they did was totally unprofessional too.  I would have told them that I would come in at that time if they had someone to watch your child.  Occasionally in a pinch I had to take a young baby to my doctors appointments (rarely and certainly not ideal) but if I warned them, often they had a nurse on hand to watch him for the 5 minutes I needed a blood draw or whatever.  If there was an extra person in the office, maybe they could have offered that.

But a new doctor sounds like a good idea.  People make appointments with them because they are sick- and expect to be seen.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    imageHarrietNJMommy:
    imageseans_grl:

I agree with this.
    I agree strollers are great at that age, strap them in bring food to bribe them with or talk over the screaming.

• Options
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageHarrietNJMommy:
    imageseans_grl:

I agree with this.
    I agree strollers are great at that age, strap them in bring food to bribe them with or talk over the screaming.

Wow honestly I had not even thought of that! 

• Options
    I would have been really irritated. Yes, you could take the baby with you, but you're getting a physical exam and trying to concentrate on what the doctor says...of course you don't want to do that while dealing with with a small child. When I schedule an appointment of any kind, I schedule it way in advance, for a day and time I know I'll be able to be there. Then I show up on time. And if for any reason I have to cancel it at the last minute, I offer to pay for the service. I don't think it's too much to expect the same sort of courtesy in return. If they'd called and told you the doctor had to leave because he came down with food poisoning, that's one thing, but the situation you're describing is ridiculous. I don't blame you for being mad.
  • Options

I live in New England and was the scheduling receptionist at a dental office- so trust me, I get that they were slow and it was snowing so they wanna go home. It happens a lot. But gimmeafukinbreak!!!!!!!!!! We're getting what- 3 inches? THAT IS NOTHING!

And I'm also like you in that I NEVER go to the Dr (like, haven't even been for my 6wk PP follow-up and my kid is almost 1 ) so I would have flipped, too!

I don't think you overreacted at all. GL finding a new Dr!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Having BTDT I'd say you held it together pretty well!!  I had headaches for years, years ago and was brushed off with "just take a tylenol" even though I told the docs I wasn't there for pain meds, I was there to figure out the "why" I was having the bloody headaches in the first place(and yes, I had the shortest of short fuses!)...  There's only so much that you can do when you're that miserable 24/7 and the idiot who was wanting to brush you off calls and tells you to get to the office in two minutes when you've got a LO that is "that age"and no one to watch them...  Yea, I'd honestly brush that doc's office off too from having BTDT with constant headaches that don't go away and the sheer number of docs I went through to get it figured out.. 

Consider hooking up with a good ENT office instead of a general doc...  That's what it took to finally get mine figured out (Severe sinus infections that will require surgery to eventually get rid of because of the structures but if they just were to look in my nose, it's impossible to detect)... 

Overreaction, maybe, maybe not, but seriously, what office calls and says "be here in two minutes or we're rescheduling your appointment" for an appointment that's an hour out...  Especially when you have LO's...  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"