Trying to Get Pregnant

Question on OPK's and LH surge?

I am in need of some edumicating.  Since I have no clue when I will ovulate each month, I start testing with the OPK's a little early so I won't miss it.  Yesterday, I got a semi-dark line but not positive, and then today I get a line that is barely even visible.  Does LH fluctuate throughout your cycle like that? Or was that maybe my body gearing up to O and then didn't?  I'm lost...

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question on OPK's and LH surge?

• It could just mean that your urine was more concentrated the day you got the darker line. The darkness of my second line varies wildly depending on how concentrated my urine is, from barely even there to almost positive but not quite.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Good question, I have been wondering too. It probably has a lot to do with how concentrated or diluted your urine is at the time of testing, but maybe LH does fluctuate a tiny bit (my faint lines are fainter some days than others). But i would think if you got a semi-dark line, your body may have thought about O'ing, but didn't quite get enough estrogen or LH oomph.

I could totally be wrong. Maybe some smarter lady can pipe in.

• Loading the player...
  • Also interested in the answer to this!  With all of these steps I'm taking to try and peg my O day, I'd hate to miss it on a technicality! 
  • I learned this and last cycle to 1) start early on the OPKs, 2) keep testing at the same time every day (I do FMU) at least once a day until 3) you see a temp shift using a BBT.  That's the only way I know for sure.  I tested what I thought was early enough last cycle and it turns out I was catching the end of the surge which is why it was neg and then I O'd within a couple days, which was much earlier than I expected. 

Then this time around I wasn't seeing the temp shift as quickly as I usually do so I started testing again and just as I started testing again then I saw the temp shift and knew I O'd.  The temp shift is the only way I know for certain that I O'd.  Hope that's helpful a little bit! 

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• imageanitaflora:

I learned this and last cycle to 1) start early on the OPKs, 2) keep testing at the same time every day (I do FMU) at least once a day until 3) you see a temp shift using a BBT.  That's the only way I know for sure.  I tested what I thought was early enough last cycle and it turns out I was catching the end of the surge which is why it was neg and then I O'd within a couple days, which was much earlier than I expected. 

Then this time around I wasn't seeing the temp shift as quickly as I usually do so I started testing again and just as I started testing again then I saw the temp shift and knew I O'd.  The temp shift is the only way I know for certain that I O'd.  Hope that's helpful a little bit! 

Thanks!  My only problem with that is that about every other day I get a temp shift.  My chart is a roller coaster!  That's why I use the OPK's to try to help me target my O day before it's too late.  I'm just hoping I didn't miss it or that my body isn't producing enough LH.  It's still early yet though, so I was wondering what caused the light-dark-light lines

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry about that - I saw your chart after I posted my reply and see what you mean about your temps :(. I'm not sure I have any other ideas or good feedback :(. But wish you lots of luck and hope you get more info!

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• I have been wondering the same thing. I assume that it has more to do with urine concentration than anything, but I'm not certain. 
    imageimage
    Me(32) + DH(32) TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    RE consult Dec 2012, diagnosed with lean PCOS (didn't see that coming!)  medicated cycles 1 - 4 = BFN
    cycle 5 - metformin, femara 7.5mg, IUI #1, progesterone = BFP!!!
    beta #1 (13dpiui) 37, beta #2 (15dpiui) 104, u/s at 6w5d hb of 115
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"