TTC After a Loss

CPW: WWTTCALD re: all inclusive vacation

[poll]
TTC #1 since January 2011
BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!

Re: CPW: WWTTCALD re: all inclusive vacation

• Congrats on the free vacation!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks D and J. :) This is a pretty great "problem" to have. I think that is kind of why I was thinking we might TTA so we could really make the most of it. DH and I just seem to define that differently. :)
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats, what an awesome reward for hard work!  I am totally expecting you to post pictures of you on the beach (with a drink)!!  Smile
    BFP#1 - 09/12/11, EDD 5/18/12 - Stopped growing at 6w3d, m/c induced 10/14/11
    BFP#2 - 04/01/12, EDD 12/12/12, Arrived 12/4/12!!
    BFP#3 - 12/31/13, EDD 09/10/14 - Grow baby, grow!

• imageTA110980:
    Congrats, what an awesome reward for hard work!  I am totally expecting you to post pictures of you on the beach (with a drink)!!  Smile

Hmmm...I'm starting to think the whole "post pictures of yourself on the beach" may have sounded a little creepy.  You know what I mean! 

BFP#1 - 09/12/11, EDD 5/18/12 - Stopped growing at 6w3d, m/c induced 10/14/11
    BFP#2 - 04/01/12, EDD 12/12/12, Arrived 12/4/12!!
    BFP#3 - 12/31/13, EDD 09/10/14 - Grow baby, grow!

• WOW! A free vacations, Thats awesome! I'll be about 7 or so days past O when I go on my Vacation next month. I'm not down on all my charting, so I dont have a pinpoint on when I O yet without testing. But me personally, I'm just gonna have fun this month dtd with DH whenever we feel like it. I'm not gonna get all crazy about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTA110980:

imageTA110980:
    Congrats, what an awesome reward for hard work!  I am totally expecting you to post pictures of you on the beach (with a drink)!!  Smile
     Hmmm...I'm starting to think the whole "post pictures of yourself on the beach" may have sounded a little creepy.  You know what I mean! 

Haha! No worries, I get what you mean. We'll see about a photo. I'm scared of the big bad Internet (and the creepers). :)

imageimage  My chart.

• How wonderful. You and your DH deserve to have a great vacation!
  • imageholly_g13:

WOW! A free vacations, Thats awesome! I'll be about 7 or so days past O when I go on my Vacation next month. I'm not down on all my charting, so I dont have a pinpoint on when I O yet without testing. But me personally, I'm just gonna have fun this month dtd with DH whenever we feel like it. I'm not gonna get all crazy about it.

I hope you guys have a great vacation. Are you to test at all during it? 

imageimage  My chart.

• Have a great time!!!  I personally would TTA b/c that paranoia would ruin the vacay for me.  I would be overly cautious, and then even more bummed if it resulted in a bfn and I missed out on some fun! 

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • imagewickedsugar:

First, Congrats on the Vaca !!

Swim.. It's not going to do any harm, I swear !  And have a few drinks, just don't get blazing drunk,  have a Chunky Monkey or Bahama Mama for me, I Love Dom. rum !

This, especially the bold part, oh and if you go to the DR, you have to have a Coco Loco...it's the local drink and is delish!  Keep in mind that 1000s and 1000s of women get pg and don't know it for weeks and during that time they swim, drink, exercise, eat crappy, don't take vitamins, or folic acid, etc and go on to have perfectly normal, healthy pgs.  As long as you don't go overboard it will be fine.  Enjoy yourself, you deserve it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ***siggy warning****

Hungry!! What a great sounding trip :) I hope you can relax and have a good time.  I'm totally voting for the "have a fun time, get it on if the mood is right, no worries, go swimming, have some drinks (don't revert back to the college drinking days....if you had those, you'll know what I mean lol), and RELAX!" You need/deserve a good break from reality.

I wouldn't want to skip a month so I wouldn't TTA, but I wouldn't be the normal OMG we have to do it TTCAL either, I'd say temp all the same to track your O, and get it on with the passion of knowing you're going on a sweet and free vacation or don't and just rest up for the trip. BUT when you get to the Dominican, just be on vacation, you decide if you want to test while there or test when you get back.  To be honest, I thought I was out my BFP cycle - I was camping with my mom at 7-9DPO & had a few drinks, laughed....and cried around the fire, went on really long hikes etc. Thought, okay, next cycle, that's fine - and I almost fainted at my BFP when I got home to DH.  I also never gave a second thought to the stuff I did during my last bit of the 2ww.  I'm not saying this is going to be your story, but maybe this type of TTC is exactly what you need this month.  ((hugs)) Have a safe trip :)

? J + J = 5/29/10.?
    TTC since 8/2010. Irregular cycles after stopping BCP.
    1st BFP! 3/26/11. Missed M/C - D&C 5/2/11.
    Always missed: Our little Blueberry. It's Never Over.
    2nd BFP! 9/3/11 on last unmedicated cycle! EDD: 5/11/12
    1stBeta @13DPO = 289, 2ndBeta @15DPO = 619!
    ? Clementine Lorraine, we love you so much already! ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aw, thanks. Apart from th 2ww, the timing is great. I think it is half the reason I'm not sobbing on the floor about AF this time. 
    imageimage  My chart.

• imagelavril:
    Have a great time!!!  I personally would TTA b/c that paranoia would ruin the vacay for me.  I would be overly cautious, and then even more bummed if it resulted in a bfn and I missed out on some fun! 

This is exactly what I was trying to tell MH. It's about choosing the thing that I'll least regret and weighing that against the chance of regretting any number of scenarios. A ruined vacation (or even a vacation I don't make the most of) followed by a bfn (75% chance of a bfn if we even have sex during fertile window) sounds pretty lame.

We have time to decided, but I was initially thinking we out to TTA. 

imageimage  My chart.

• imagelavril:
    Have a great time!!!  I personally would TTA b/c that paranoia would ruin the vacay for me.  I would be overly cautious, and then even more bummed if it resulted in a bfn and I missed out on some fun! 

This is exactly what I was trying to tell MH. It's about choosing the thing that I'll least regret and weighing that against the chance of regretting any number of scenarios. A ruined vacation (or even a vacation I don't make the most of) followed by a bfn (75% chance of a bfn if we even have sex during fertile window) sounds pretty lame.

We have time to decide but I was initially thinking we out to TTA.

imageimage  My chart.

• imagewickedsugar:

Swim.. It's not going to do any harm, I swear !  And have a few drinks, just don't get blazing drunk,  have a Chunky Monkey or Bahama Mama for me, I Love Dom. rum !

Thank you for saying that about the swimming especially. I know you are right. Somehow having it come from you, and being said with confidence, is more convincing than my own common sense. 

I'm not a huge rum fan, but I do look forward to some tropical drinkies. Yum! 

Seriously, thanks. 

imageimage  My chart.

• imagebenoitfan:
    imagewickedsugar:

This, especially the bold part, oh and if you go to the DR, you have to have a Coco Loco...it's the local drink and is delish!  Keep in mind that 1000s and 1000s of women get pg and don't know it for weeks and during that time they swim, drink, exercise, eat crappy, don't take vitamins, or folic acid, etc and go on to have perfectly normal, healthy pgs.  As long as you don't go overboard it will be fine.  Enjoy yourself, you deserve it.

Thanks, and thank you for saying I deserve it. It helps to be reminded of that. I so wish, that we all had the luxury of being so carefree and having a good outcome. I'm going to really try to channel that kind of attitude for the sake of having a great time and not beating myself up if it's a bfn or ::whispers:: another loss. 

imageimage  My chart.

• imageoctober_artist:
    Hungry!! What a great sounding trip :) I hope you can relax and have a good time.  I'm totally voting for the "have a fun time, get it on if the mood is right, no worries, go swimming, have some drinks (don't revert back to the college drinking days....if you had those, you'll know what I mean lol), and RELAX!" You need/deserve a good break from reality.

I wouldn't want to skip a month so I wouldn't TTA, but I wouldn't be the normal OMG we have to do it TTCAL either, I'd say temp all the same to track your O, and get it on with the passion of knowing you're going on a sweet and free vacation or don't and just rest up for the trip. BUT when you get to the Dominican, just be on vacation, you decide if you want to test while there or test when you get back.  To be honest, I thought I was out my BFP cycle - I was camping with my mom at 7-9DPO & had a few drinks, laughed....and cried around the fire, went on really long hikes etc. Thought, okay, next cycle, that's fine - and I almost fainted at my BFP when I got home to DH.  I also never gave a second thought to the stuff I did during my last bit of the 2ww.  I'm not saying this is going to be your story, but maybe this type of TTC is exactly what you need this month.  ((hugs)) Have a safe trip :)

Thanks, OA. I think I'm going to talk it over with DH and suggest an approach in terms of not temping, no planned FWP, but not avoiding either. Maybe I'll give him some tests to pack, but not to give them to me until a certain cycle day AND if I think I'm having any symptoms other than lame "twinges".

I definitely want a break from full on TTCAL and this vacation seems like a perfect reason to take a break, I just don't really know how to do it. Maybe if I can desire a great vacation experience more than I desire a BFP this month, I'll be able to successfully let go a little. Another friend is going through her 3rd IUI and said that she's looking forward to being pleasantly surprised by a BFP, rather than deeply disappointed by a BFN. Maybe i can try to adopt that kind of attitude. 

imageimage  My chart.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"