July 2012 Moms
Options

ladies still wearing regular clothes

Just an FYI, you are stretching the crap out of your clothes, and they won't fit right when you go back to your post-partum body. Especially jeans with "stretch" in them or pretty much any shirt. Hope they aren't your "favorite".

Just sayin'

Speaking from experience.

DS#1 - 8/2009
CafeMom Tickers

my read shelf:

Cindy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: ladies still wearing regular clothes

• Options

i'm wearing all normal clothes today. they are a cotton flowy dress, large tights from the gap and a normal unbuttoned cardigan. 

all seem to be okay so far.  

• Options

Um. Thanks?

You're not very helpful.

Just sayin.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my second pregnancy and i am almost 22 weeks....i am still in my normal clothes, and with my DS i wore my normal clothes till almost 30 weeks and decided to start wearing the maternity clothes i was given. And after i had my DS i went  back to my normal clothes and they were perfectly fine, not stretched out. I think it just depends, but not everyone has issues with their clothes staying stretched out.

• Options

I'm hoping us ladies wearing regular clothes are not squeezing into them at the point of no return.  I don't think a lot of us are doing it just to say "YAY!!! I still fit in regular clothes" for vanity's sake.  Many maternity clothes are designed to fit up until 40 weeks, that's a lot of extra fabric some of us may not want to deal with.

If the stretching part is true, I guess it's too late for all of us regular clothes girls.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagechristieep:

If the stretching part is true, I guess it's too late for all of us regular clothes girls.

Exactly, pre-pregnancy shirts are fitting well at this point, pants were out by 16 weeks though :o

• Options
    The stretching of clothes can depend on the quality of the clothes and fabrics.  I am wearing many tops that are made out of a spandex blend that is designed to stretch. 
  • Options

Uhh... thats an odd thing to post-- glad you are concerned for the sake of our jeans though.

I don't think we regular clothes gals are TRYING to stay in them for the heck of it... maternity clothes are literally too big right now. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Every body is different. Considering the fact that I've lost 38lbs, my prepregnancy clothes are way too big now and I will probably be able to use most of my shirts as maternity shirts. 
  • Options

Most of the pre pregnancy clothes I've been wearing aren't exactly in it for the along haul anyway (a knit dress from the Gap? some Old navy stretch jeans? who cares!) I assume that I'll want to get something new when I've lost my baby weight anyway.

The sad thing for me is the bras. I know I won't be the same bra size after so I'm wearing my old bras to bits. Some are quite stunning and were expensive (Simone Perele etc) but this kind of weight gain and loss, plus breastfeeding? It's a 90% chance I'll be different on the other end of the process. 

But that's another shopping trip on the flip side, and I can buy my favorites in whatever the new size is.  

• Options
    Given that I LOST weight then didn't even remotely show at all until 20 weeks, I think my clothes are safe but thanks for your condescing "advice."
  • Options
    OP, what an ignorant thing to say. Just about everything I wear is surviving it's 2nd round of pregnancy and I'm pretty sure will look great once I'm un-pregnant again! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageOUKatie:
    Given that I LOST weight then didn't even remotely show at all until 20 weeks, I think my clothes are safe but thanks for your condescing "advice."

Ditto.  

TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • Options
    thanks. because i wear my favorite shirt alot- its classy and its stretchy so it works.! i wont wear it anymore! but then again im not that big soooooo
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"