Maryland Babies

? for moms of older kids

What is a product or baby item that is out now that you wish you had when your child was born?

Backstory: My cousins wife just had their 4th child. It's their first girl and the first girl grandchild out of 7 boys. Yes, my aunt had 3 boys and then between them they had 7 boys. So needless to say this girl is going to be spoiled. Anyway, my aunt is throwing a shower this weekend since my cousins oldest son is 7 and they need some girly items. I was thinking of buying a space saver highchair, but if I can't find a girl pattern, I need something else to fall back on.  I figured something she didn't get 7 years ago for her first childs shower would be nice since I'm pretty sure there is going to be an influx of cute girly clothes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for moms of older kids

• The Rock N Play sleeper.  Man, I wish I had one with Aiden.  It was a godsend with Claire.  And I do believe there's a girlie pattern.
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • I second the rock n play sleeper, that is something that wasn't around when D1 was born.  I don't have one for D2 but she's a belly sleeper so it woudln't have worked for us.

I would buy her clothes though - with 3 boys, I'm sure her house is full of stuff.  She's going to be excited about girly clothes, so I would buy them.  I would just buy bigger sizes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll definitely buy an outfit or two, but wanted to get something that was a little splurge. All the toys they have are boy related and anything "new" is from their youngest and he is 3.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was going to say the rock n play sleeper too. We actually didn't have one, but I heard great things about it. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelauranne:
    The Rock N Play sleeper.  Man, I wish I had one with Aiden.  It was a godsend with Claire.  And I do believe there's a girlie pattern.

Absolutely.

There is a girly butterfly pattern of the Space Saver high chair, we have it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • I think I totally missed out on this rock n' play sleeper,that is on my list for the next baby!

I 2nd the video monitor too.. not sure what i would do without it. They are expensive though...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"