Stay at Home Moms

Recommend your cocktail please!

So DH and I are finally going to leave DD with my parents for a day while we drive the whole 2 hours to our nearest Sam's Club, Target, Victoria's Secret, etc...we will actually go into a restaurant and sit down to eat! Ha I am so excited! We haven't been anywhere to sit down and eat since several weeks before she was born, so it has been almost 3 months!

I plan to order a drink (or 2) while we eat but I haven't tried very many different things and would like to start trying a few different drinks. I was only 21 for about 4 months before I quit drinking because we were TTC. Soooo my time to order and try different things didn't last long. I've had some basic things...strawberry daq, pina coloda, margaritas, mojito, beer, wine, mudslide. I like fruity things but not too fond of pineapple or orange if it the main taste. I really don't like acidic drinks...they give me horrendous heart burn. I don't mind sweet or fruity as long as it isn't just like downing molasses.

So what is your favorite drink? What do you think everyone should try?

April '14 Siggy Challenge:

god damn you're so effing cute gifimage

Re: Recommend your cocktail please!

• I usually go with wine or beer, but I like a good vodka tonic with a lime (made with something top shelf) or a cosmopolitan.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm more of a beer/wine person but when I do have a cocktail my favorite is raspberry stoli and sprite.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Miller lite girl all the way!  I know, so BORING!  Embarrassed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll do either beer or wine w/ a meal typically.  Occasionally a margarita or whiskey sours or whiskey on the rocks.  But, let's be honest, this hussy would drink anything... 
  • Mojito

Long Island Iced tea

sex on the beach is fruity

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am definitely a beer/wine kind of gal, but I do love some good sangria or a margarita on the rocks with salt
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I am a beer or whiskey girl basically, I just like to try different things. I normally would try something at the bar when we would go and then go straight to my Crown and Coke or Crown on the rocks. TGI Fridays Mudslide is about the only other thing I will drink consistently.

April '14 Siggy Challenge:

god damn you're so effing cute gifimage

• DH and I both almost always have an apple martini (the green kind) when we eat out.

Sometimes I order diet coke and rum.

In the winter, I also like hot cider w/ rum.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • 7 & 7  (Seagrams 7 and 7 up)

OR

Citron and 7 with a lime wedge (Citron vodka and 7up with lime); sometimes when I don't want it quite as sweet I go for Citron and Soda water with lime

MY FAVES!! :) 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Peach Bellini
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Cosmopolitans and a lot of "specialty" martinis. (although I HATE apple, watermelon and the keylime and those are always the popular ones) There's a "bikini martini" and a "vacation martini" (one is at the cheesecake factory, one at a local place but I forget which is which) that are deeelish! They literally taste like you're on the beach on vaca!  They are coconut/melon/citrus and taste like candy but knock you on your @ss.

The closest "regular" drink, if you're looking for something a bit lighter is a Malibu Baybreeze. 

I also love margaritas (on the rocks, no salt), Sangria (red or white), Bacardi Limon and Sprite, Sam Summer and Octoberfest (beer), and I love Bailey's but it's tough to drink. It's creamy and filling so better for dessert/coffee than just to drink casually.

I am not really a fan of vodka unless it's good stuff mixed with more than Sprite. It's all I drank in HS and college so it tastes like bad decisions to me Indifferent

Oh, and have fun on your drinky date!!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I LOVE candy apples, it's a vodka slime with a hit of gernadine.

Bottoms up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"