July 2012 Moms
Options

Stress + Acid Reflux = :(

I've seriously had the most stressful day at work... stressful week... stressful month! If I could flip a switch for it to go away I would (and wouldn't we all) but I can't. I know its not good for the baby and I try really really hard to try and keep the stress at bay, and things into perpective, but it's hard. My work is so busy right now and it's our busy season (it's busy year round, but insanely busy right now) so it's very intense and I actually feel my blood pressure rise while I'm at work. I get into work early, skip lunch, and leave work late. I usually try to take a lunch every day but lately I haven't been able to. I know it's not worth it, but if I have to get work done I have no choice. And when I came home today my acid reflux was in full force. Can stress really harm my baby? Really bad?

What do you ladies do to lower stress? Just venting.

imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: Stress + Acid Reflux = :(

• Options

I'm feeling this way too & have been a wreck all week. Starting to stress more about balancing school, work, finances, household chores, etc... I've been having some car trouble too which bites!

Exercise usually helps me feel less stressed. I reeeeeally like the Summer Sanders' Prenatal Workout DVD. I always feel so relaxed and just good in general after I do it. Although I've been working so much lately that I've been too tired to do it this week :-

I'm not sure what your job is, but maybe if you talked to your boss there is a way he/she can try to help you out? At least make it so you are sure to get your lunch on time and don't have to stay too late? Also maybe force yourself to go in on time, rather than early so at least you get extra rest in the morning?

Hope it gets better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"