Nurseries and Baby Gear

Convertible Car Seats....

We have an infant carrier for our new little one (who should be arriving any day now!) but I'm curious, can infants go in a convertible car seat or is there a minimum weight/height requirement on those. I've looked at a couple feature descriptions at babies r us and not seeing this information....

Re: Convertible Car Seats....

• The majority of convertible seats list a minimum weight of 5 lbs. but you can't just go by that alone.  You also need to look at the other features like harness slot heights, included infant padding and positioning inserts, etc.  Make sure you don't add supports or cushions to make the fit better if they're not provided by the seat manufacturer.

Some seats fit newborns better than others and these are a few good ones to look at: Graco MyRide 65, Sunshine Kids Radian, Britax Marathon 70/Boulevard 70/Advocate 70 with the Britax infant insert.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekatcarls:

The majority of convertible seats list a minimum weight of 5 lbs. but you can't just go by that alone.  You also need to look at the other features like harness slot heights, included infant padding and positioning inserts, etc.  Make sure you don't add supports or cushions to make the fit better if they're not provided by the seat manufacturer.

Some seats fit newborns better than others and these are a few good ones to look at: Graco MyRide 65, Sunshine Kids Radian, Britax Marathon 70/Boulevard 70/Advocate 70 with the Britax infant insert.

Yes And make sure that the angle is correct, the leveling process is harder, but once the seat is installed correctly, you're good to go.

• Loading the player...
  • We're using the Cosi Maxi Pria 70 for DD. The minimum weight in it is 4 lbs and the I think the harness height goes down to 5.5". DD was 7lbs 10oz and 21" when we left the hospital and she fit wonderfully on the second lowest harness height which I think is 8.5".  It also comes with lumber support pillow, harness strap pads, and a head pillow so she doesn't flop around after she's in it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"