June 2012 Moms
Options

My hips are so sore

I am moving like an old lady for the last two days.  I thought I had a few more good weeks but I guess the discomforts are starting already. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker~ Diagnosed with PCOS in March 2009. Taking Metfomin for insulin resistance and irregular cycles/ovulation. Had healthy baby girl in Jan 2010 via C-Section (HTN and Breech Presentation).
~ Miscarry at 8 weeks with D&C in May 2011 (low progesterone).
~ Had a healthy baby girl in June 2012 via C-Section (on prometrium to sustain).
~ Surprise pregnancy at age 40!  Baby boy due April 26, 2021 (took prometrium to sustain once pregnancy was confirmed, 3rd C-Section planned).  

Re: My hips are so sore

• Options

I've been dealing with this as well - except I've been dealing with it for over two weeks now. I posted about this in the facebook group page - I talked to my doctor about this yesterday. Talk about good timing I guess.

He suggested that I take ten mins every morning and every night to do some deep stretching. I noticed a huge difference already. My hip pain was waking me at night every time I turned over, last night I actually slept for a few hours instead of waking every two three hours. I plan to continue with the stretching and hope that it gets better the more I do it. He also recommended I drink more water. I'm not much of a water drinker, I can only get about two to three bottles down a day, he wants me to double that! I should be taking in about 6 bottles (16 oz) bottles a day!!

I hope that helps!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This was me last night. It is sooo uncomfortable! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most days I'm fine, but can't believe how often I'm waking at night because they are aching and i need to switch positions!  Luckily so far, with my snoogle it's easy to get comfy again and get back to sleep.
  • Options
    I was struggling with this about a month ago. Now I sleep with a pillow between my knees (for most of the night, anyway), and it's much better when I take walks during the days and do some yoga to open up my hips. When I have days with too much sitting (especially on the couch where my butt is lower than my knees), my hips pay for it. Feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with WhitMN24, definitly try sleeping with a pillow between your knees. I use a body pillow that I keep between my knees and also hold/hug to keep my chest and shoulders from getting sore too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've recently started having hip pain at night. It makes it difficult for me to fall asleep. I've been doing the pillow between the knees and it's helping a little. I will have to try out the stretching.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"