December 2011 Moms
Options

I didn't know it would be like this...

I feel like I never get to see my baby.  I see him briefly in the morning for his early morning feed and morning feed and give him a sponge bath and dress him. Sometimes we do a little bit of play if he can handle it.  It maybe a totals an hour, then I go to work at 7:30am.  When I come home around 5pm, he's either already down for a nap or he's super tired so I put him down.  Lately, because my mom, dh and cousin watch him during the day and aren't able to get him to nap well, he sleeps from the time I get home until I wake him for his night bottle and bath, so I get to see him for maybe another 45 min and 15 minutes of that his eyes are usually closed because he's so tired during his feeding.  I do get to spend all day with him on Saturday and Sunday but he's right here but I still miss him so much. 

Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's nice because I can get some things accomplished, but mostly I just miss him.  Also, on Sunday I have a convention all day so I'll really only have all day Saturday with him this week.

He's been fussy the past 3 days.  I know there's supposedly a 12 week "wonder" period where they're fussy.  He was fussy at 5 weeks, but he's 13 weeks today.  He also was running a temp of 100 yesterday and has a blocked tear duct, but I blame myself because I'm not there.  DH texted me today and said he cried a lot and all I wanted to do was come home and comfort my baby, but I've only been back full time for a week and can't use all of my PT and vacation right away.  It's got to last the whole year.  I'm just so sad and seeing him not as smiley as usually makes it worse.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I didn't know it would be like this...

• Options
    It sounds like he's just adjusting to the transition plus not feeling well from the blocked tear duct. He'll get used to napping for your family members and get used to the routine. It's only been a week. Try not to be too hard on yourself.
  • Options
    It will get better I promise. Last week was LOs first week at daycare. She did not nap at all at daycare and then was a total bear at night, fighting sleep so bad. Then miraculously this week, she did just fine, has been napping, and is a completely different baby. He will adjust, hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"