June 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone the opposite of nesting?

The only things I have are from other people giving them to me.. if my mom hadn't of flown down and cleaned out our junk room we wouldn't even have a place to dump everything for him. Every time I go into the room to hang anything up or try to reorganize the piles of his stuff I just get tired and decide to do it another day...

anyone else procrastinating the nesting?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone the opposite of nesting?

• Options
    We have to be out of our rental house by March 31st, so the nursery WAS all done, until we found out we had to move. Other than that, the house is a total disaster. I'm tired all the time and apparently DH hasn't noticed that he should maybe help out a bit. Dishes, laundry, the floors need desperately to be swept. Its really starting to get to me...
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have nothing done yet. I haven't started our registry, I'm only 1/4 the way throught the baby bargains book, and his nursery still isn't cleaned out, let alone put together. I hope I get the nesting bug soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes to all the above. In fact I was just jokingly asking Dh and my Mom when it was going to kick in....Mom had no clue what I was even talking about.

BTW, it never kicked when I was pg with DS. I hope it kicks in this time. We are moving this month,too and the current house is a pig style and I'm just tired all the time. Guess a toddler will do that to youHuh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelizzybean:
    We have to be out of our rental house by March 31st, so the nursery WAS all done, until we found out we had to move. Other than that, the house is a total disaster. I'm tired all the time and apparently DH hasn't noticed that he should maybe help out a bit. Dishes, laundry, the floors need desperately to be swept. Its really starting to get to me...

We just moved about a month ago, I completely overdid it and started bleeding. It was horrible and miserable and now DH doesn't even let me take out the trash. Hopefully as your move out date comes closer and closer your husband will get the hint and get his butt in gear.

Have you had any luck finding a new place?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I am SO lazy these days. OK, I'm not lazy because I'm doing stuff, but nothing baby related. My husband and I have purchased NOTHING. I haven't even bought a onesie or anything, but our mothers are going so insanely over the top and overboard that it's ok. All of the furniture is here and the plan was to paint and put it together this week, but our cat being so sick has slowed us down. 

However, my plan is to still have everything done by 32 weeks, so I've still got some time left.  Smile

• Options
    imageallisonmarie22:

I am SO lazy these days. OK, I'm not lazy because I'm doing stuff, but nothing baby related. My husband and I have purchased NOTHING. I haven't even bought a onesie or anything, but our mothers are going so insanely over the top and overboard that it's ok. All of the furniture is here and the plan was to paint and put it together this week, but our cat being so sick has slowed us down. 

However, my plan is to still have everything done by 32 weeks, so I've still got some time left.  Smile

I was thinking about your kitty today, I take it she is still recovering slowly but surely? 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm too tired to nest.  I can't remember for sure, but I think I was about mid-way through my 3rd tri, before I started nesting w/ DS.  I'm hoping it hits a bit sooner this time, cuz I look around the house and see SO MUCH that needs to get done before my LO arrives.

I did make DH clear a section of our bedroom and get DS's old crib out of the storage shed and put it together last weekend.  That was about the extent of my energy though...getting DH to do it!!

He then told me that having the crib set up, suddenly made it hit home that we will be having a baby soon.  It made it "real" for him. 

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Options
    I'm not procrastinating but I'm not feeling the urge to nest either. Part of it is based on the fact that I know we're getting a ton of stuff from my mom already - my little brother's only 9 so she saved lots and lots of things that are still in great condition. The other part is that we'll hopefully be moving about a month after the baby's born so there's no point in doing major set ups + we're not planning on having her out of our room until sometime between 6 months-1 year, which means that we wouldn't be rushing to make a nursery even if we were staying put. We did have a friend buy us a bouncer on her own initiative and we picked up a couple of small things at Ikea last time we were down (bath tub, some blankets, some sheets). I also bought a mobile on ebay because I really loved it and was afraid that it might be gone later, and at one point a few months ago I bought a onesie too. That's about it. We ARE decluttering, but that's it's own thing - not necessarily baby-based.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageemoxymoose:
    imageallisonmarie22:

I was thinking about your kitty today, I take it she is still recovering slowly but surely? 

She is doing better. Her progress is slow but she makes improvements daily. We were able to discontinue her IV today. She still has the line and port in her arm (just in case) but no more drip. The only thing we are still waiting to see is if she will be able to walk after she is off the seizure medication. That is our last big hurdle and I am terrified. I loved this cat immensely before this happened but after watching her fight for her life and nursing her around the clock for all these days I will be devestated if we end up losing her after all we have been through. Thanks for thinking of us. :)
  • Options
    We live in a rental that is currently for sale... So there's a possiblility that we might get notice to be out at any time, which makes it hard to nest. We've got a crib but it isn't set up in case we have to move - it probably won't go up until the end of May. I'm waiting until after the baby shower(s) until I go and buy anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"