Nurseries and Baby Gear

2nd time moms, how many and what sizes?

I'm trying to figure out what to wash before LO gets here and what to leave tags on. How many NB, 0-3, 3-6 etc. outfits do you think you went through in one day and how many outfits did you wash of each size before LO was born?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 2nd time moms, how many and what sizes?

• I washed everything.  I had about 10 NB outfits/sleepers and the same in 0-3.  I have a lot of 3 month clothing, but she will be in them a bit longer than the other sizes.

I go through 1-2 two clothing changes a day.  The only time I change her is when there is a blow out or a large amount of spit up.  DD has reflux so she spits up frequently.  I use bibs to keep her clothes clean/dry.  I don't like laundry. 

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • DD was little at birth, 6.5 lbs so we were in Carter's NB clothes for the first 6 weeks (Gerber clothes run way small)  Since then she's been right around 50% percentile for height and weight so she's closely corresponded closely to the age range on the clothes.  If your LO is expected to be over 8 lbs, I might just skip the NB clothes all together except for 1 coming home outfit.  Otherwise the first few months we pretty much lived in the staples: onesies and footed sleepers.  With 6-8 sleepers and ~10 onesies, I did laundry 2-3 times a week. DD wasn't much of a spitter upper in the first few months and we rarely had blowouts so she stayed pretty clean and dry most of the time. 

I would just wash the 0-3 clothes now and have just a few NB ready to go. One thing I'm just realizing is that they just grow so quickly from 1-6 months that I would not stock up on too many of those sizes.  Plus take a look at the size of the clothes and don't assume that those numbers are absolute as some brands run small.

• Loading the player...
  • We've gotten some hand-me-downs in great shape. I just washed all of those. I'm guessing I'll need bibs for a long time so I'll probably wash all those as well. I'll have to take inventory of what I have after I hang it all up.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I washed and hung up everything NB-3 month.  Yes, we had tons of things my son never worn (like the 30 cute onesies I got as shower gifts), but it made me feel less stressed knowing I had all his clothes hung up or put away and ready to wear.  It is annoying that I could have retunred many items he never wore and gotten things for later, but I still have no regrets.  I would have been too stressed worrying I did not have enough.  I would say we went through 8-10 pajamas a week (there were blow outs), and most days we were fine with one outfit, but on occasion we needed a second or even third, so 10-12 outfits would have been sufficient. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    I would just wash the gowns, 0-3, and a couple of NB.  DS was big and didn't fit in NB sizes.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I washed everything and should not have.  It's all just so cute when you're prepping for a new LO.  NB I didn't have much of since I didn't register for any.  I think I had a pack of sleepers and onesies.  Even 0-3 she wasn't in the sleepers very long, she was a tall baby.  I only ever went though 1-2 outfits a day.  She wasn't a spitter, and I used bibs when feeding to keep the formula off of her. 

Also, what other people like you may not.  A friend of mine gave me a ton of the gowns w/ elastic at the bottom, she loved them.  I could not stand them, they ended up around her chest when she was sleeping.

• DS was bigger than expected at birth. (9 lb 14oz) He never wore NB & wore 0-3 for about 6 weeks. The outfits I liked most in the beginning were sleep & plays, he had 10. I also liked sleep gowns, he had 5. We also had a few matching onesie/pants outfits but I rarely dressed him in those, sleepers were sooooo much easier.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"