Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

IDK about this- thoughts!!

I was talking to my friend today, telling her how we are going to move DS into his 'big boy room' soon, and that we are buying him a twin bed (DS is still in a crib). The first thing she said was, 'make sure you get a grip n twist door knob' (from Safety 1st). She wants me to put it on the inside of DS room so he cant open his door once he is in the twin bed..

What are your thoughts on this? I think its kind of mean, and is it needed??

Re: IDK about this- thoughts!!

• Options

We never did this, and haven't had any problems.  DS has been in a bed for about month now (he's 2 this week) and he doesn't try to get out.  DD never tried, either, when she was younger.  Now, she prefers to sleep w/her door open slightly anyway.  We do like to put the gate up at the top of the stairs, though, just in case!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

We switched DS into a toddler bed when he turned 3.  Ever since then, he always wakes up at somepoint in the middle of the night and crawls into bed with us.  He goes to bed fine in his room but when he wakes in the middle of the night he comes in to our room.  While I wish he would just stay in his room I am not comfortable with essentially locking him in his room.  What if something happened or he got scared and he couldn't get to us?  I couldn't do it...

imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageazzyberry:

We switched DS into a toddler bed when he turned 3.  Ever since then, he always wakes up at somepoint in the middle of the night and crawls into bed with us.  He goes to bed fine in his room but when he wakes in the middle of the night he comes in to our room.  While I wish he would just stay in his room I am not comfortable with essentially locking him in his room.  What if something happened or he got scared and he couldn't get to us?  I couldn't do it...

My thoughts exactly. I don't like the idea of locking my child in his room. When we converted DS's crib to his toddler bed, we just put a gate at the end of the hallway so the only place he could get if he left his room was our room.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD has been in a toddler bed since December.  At first she never got out, but the last 2 weeks she has been getting up earlier or coming into our bed at 3am.  It has crossed my mind to use it because she can open doors and climb over baby gates.  I don't really think I could do it though.  I worry about safety and she'd likely just start screaming because she couldn't get the door open and we'd lose out on sleep anyways.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DS has been in his toddler bed for awhile, but just recently started opening the door. H is a little guy and was so excited when he could finally open it. He is funny b/c he will open it, yell for us and then run and sit on his bed. Anyway, I did buy the covers, but then I felt bad, so they have not been put up yet.  I do put a baby gate in front of his door, so he can't get over that but he can see into the hallway.  Honestly, my fear is him getting out and going downstairs. I also hate the idea of him being locked up in his room, though, and then the idea of taking away something he was so proud of makes me feel bad, too.  Ahhhh.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"