TTC After a Loss
Options

Starting clomid--XP from the nest

Hey ladies! I go to my dr. Tomorrow to discuss clomid. I had my cd21 bloodwork drawn Saturday and my progesterone came back at 2.12. I am so new to all this and was just wondering if there are any questions I should ask before starting clomid. I am definitely asking if they monitor during use, but other than that I don't know anything major to ask. Any advice is appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Starting clomid--XP from the nest

• Options
    I would ask at what point would they cancel the cycle ( I've had a cycle canceled with the RE due to too many follies). Also what days you would be using clomid (usually days 3-7 or 5-9) and how often they would monitor you. Also you should have bloodwork done at 7dpo, everyone has different cycles and if you dr is just going by the assumption that you o'd on cd14, you should ask about doing bloodwork 7 days after your real O date or look into another dr who knows that all women can have different lengths in cycles.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    I don't have an answer, but good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebutterfly843:
    I would ask at what point would they cancel the cycle ( I've had a cycle canceled with the RE due to too many follies). Also what days you would be using clomid (usually days 3-7 or 5-9) and how often they would monitor you. Also you should have bloodwork done at 7dpo, everyone has different cycles and if you dr is just going by the assumption that you o'd on cd14, you should ask about doing bloodwork 7 days after your real O date or look into another dr who knows that all women can have different lengths in cycles.

All of this is all very good information. 

TTC started Oct '10
    Me: AMA w/RSD, atypical PCOS w/IR, LPD and High Prolactin. Controlled HP post-loss.
    DH: Low-T and borderline morph
    18 cycles, 3 medicated w/RE to get to a BFP!
    EDD 9/7/12, Saw HB @7w3d,missed m/c 1/30 @8w3d, d&c 2/8
    11 AL cycles, 9 medicated/IUI cycles. All BFFN!
    Moving forward with IVF
    BFP#2 our little cycle break surprise on AL cycle 12! EDD 10/27/13
    Beta #1: 41 Beta #2: 398; perfect u/s 3/11 hb @133bpm
    u/s 3/25 one perfect hb @183 bpm, adjusted EDD 10/23/13
    MaterniT21 and carrier screens normal. It's a girl!!!
    Severe Pre-E, HFpEF, PE, AMA & IF= OAD

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    All IF/AL Welcome!
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice! She actually had the labs drawn on cd 24...I've just started charting so I don't know when or if I actually O. She said that based on my history, she doesn't think I O every cycle...I've been trying to research clomid, but still feel very lost. Hopefully she can do a lot of explaining tomorrow!
  • Options
    fair warning-there may be mood swings lol. nobody told me about that & I thought I was loosing my mind
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"