December 2011 Moms

need help on how to do powder formula

so DH and i are going to switch to powder formula, it will be ALOT easier on our wallets cause right now we are using pre-made formula.

so okay with powder formula, can i do like a big thing of it and put it in the fridge? is it kind of like pre-made where i once i open it i have to use it within 24 hours (in the fridge of course, i aint that stupid to give my daughter formula that has been sitting on the counter at room temperature for more then an hour lol) i just need a little help since this is my first baby.

TIA for your help, you are all awesome :D 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: need help on how to do powder formula

• I wouldn't reccommend making a big container. We usually make 4 oz and if she doesn't eat it all, we will put it in the fridge. If she wants more, we usually make her about 2 more oz and she is good to go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, you can make a bunch of it and put it in the fridge for 24 hours. I know Dr. Browns makes a formula pitcher, you can get it on Amazon.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • I make 24ounces at a time and keep it in a sealed rubbermaid container in my fridge.Usually I'll fill a few bottles then use the rest as the day goes by.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We use the Dr. Brown formula pitcher. Yes, you can make a bunch and keep it in the fridge. We usually make 24 ounces. It doesn't make it the whole 24 hours but we don't have to worry about it going bad.

You could also just make up the bottles in advance and keep them in the fridge if that works better for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • thanks for the advice guys, helps alot, i was kind of scared of the daunting task lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"