3rd Trimester
Options

What are you doing for back pain?

I cannot find relief for my upper back pain during the day while I am at work sitting in my desk chair from 8-5. I try different sitting position, standing up, walking around, but I always have to end back up in the chair and my back hurts again right away. What are you ladies doing to help with upper back pain?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are you doing for back pain?

• Options

I stretch lying in bed every morning before I get out of bed. It has helped with my pain through out the day. I also try and stretch during the day as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I really focus on my posture (not "slouching") and got more supportive bras - that seems to have helped a lot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Would it be possible for you to switch your desk chair  to an exercise/balance ball to sit on? I know I like to sit on those towards the end of my pregnancies, as it helps with my posture and hip and back pain. I also sleep with a pillow between my legs for hip and low back pain, and a wedge pillow under my belly to help with upper back pain. Any effort to keep things properly aligned, plus stretching. Good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A heating pad when I get home and stretching a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I had awful mid-back pain and I did a ton to alleviate it. It's now almost entirely gone. Here's what I did:

- Acupuncture - I've done three sessions so far and it's helped A LOT

- Yoga stretches at least once a day, preferably twice. I do a lot of cat/cow and mermaid (you can google them), but other ones might work better for you. Go to a few prenatal yoga classes if you can - that will help and will give you some ideas for what to do at home. 

- Lots of exercise, especially walking & swimming

- Daily time on a heating pad

- Sleeping on a wedge pillow - the kind that goes behind your head/back, so you're sleeping on your back but at an incline 

- Lots of massages from DH

In the beginning I did all those things religiously. Now that it's mostly resolved I can get by with less. Good luck!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"