Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Another clicky- BOY's height at 18 mo appt

As a follow up to post earlier today...

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another clicky- BOY's height at 18 mo appt

• The nurse always does a crappy job measuring LO's height. She just makes marks on the white paper he lays on and then pulls out her tape measure. I think she measured him like 36-37". Ah, no. He is 34". Which is still pretty tall for 18 mos.

Why my pedi can't invest in one of those plastic measuring devices I have no idea. 

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Liam was actually 33 1/2 inches.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • My guess is probably 29", but definitely under 30".  He was 28.5" at his 15 month appointment but I don't think he's grown too much.  We are still in the infant car seat with room to grow and he isn't even on the highest setting for the straps.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageEXP_626:
    imagedangerkitty102:

The nurse always does a crappy job measuring LO's height. She just makes marks on the white paper he lays on and then pulls out her tape measure. I think she measured him like 36-37". Ah, no. He is 34". Which is still pretty tall for 18 mos.

Why my pedi can't invest in one of those plastic measuring devices I have no idea. 

That's the same way ours measures height! I estimated DS's height with the highly technical method of getting him to stand against a door (which lasted all of 1/2 second), marking it with my finger as best I could, and then measuring. So it will be interesting to see how their measurement compares to mine. Stick out tongue

Yep! The growth chart on the back of DS's closet door is infinitely more accurate than the marks on paper method (even though it is ridiculously difficult to get him to stand there! He FREAKS OUT). 

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedangerkitty102:

The nurse always does a crappy job measuring LO's height. She just makes marks on the white paper he lays on and then pulls out her tape measure. I think she measured him like 36-37". Ah, no. He is 34". Which is still pretty tall for 18 mos.

Our pedi's office does the same thing, but the nurse does a really good job. Her measurement is always close to mine. They measure them laying down at this age so they can get them to stretch out. I don't think toddlers stand know how to stand up straight for measuring yet.

DD1 was 35" at 18 months; DD2 was 34 1/4". I didn't vote so I didn't skew your results.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • DS was 36" at 18 months, I'm curious to see what he is at his 2 year appt.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"