February 2012 Moms
Options

Taking LO to church/worship

Anyone do this yet?  H and I have always attended church regularly but I just don't know when I'll be comfortable taking the LO.  If you've had any thoughts/plans on this, lemme know.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Taking LO to church/worship

• Options
    We haven't yet, but plan to soon. Our church has childcare/religious education classes during services from birth through high school. :)
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I am hoping to go next Sunday.  

My church has a "restless angels" room.  It is in the back of the church with sound proof glass, so you can sit in there with a crying baby.  The sound from church is piped in, so you can listen, but the congregation can't hear the baby.   

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Were going to try it this weekend......
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My pedi suggested waiting until lo was at least 4 weeks old... he said because of germs to hold off especially this time of year
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
  • Options
    DH went to Sunday school himself this past Sunday, and will probably go again this Sunday (maybe to church or not - I'll let him decide). We would probably go together the weekend after that, but DH is working and my Dad is flying in the Thursday before. But anyways, our plan is to attend some form sooner rather than later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took LO on Ash Wednesday when she was almost 3 weeks.  She slept through the whole service which was great since the church I go to doesn't have one of those children rooms most church's have.  My only option would be to take her out to the lobby if she started to fuss.  I did bring my breatfeeding cover and a back up bottle incase she did wake up and was hungry.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    I took DD at 8 days old and held her in the sling the whole time. She nursed once and fell asleep for the rest of it. It can be done!!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've been staying at home due to RSV season but we will take her on Sunday, she'll be a little over 4 weeks. DH has been taking DS since she was born but I've been bummed that I cant go. They provide a place to breastfeed and calm her if she's fussy and I can still hear the services. We're going to keep her in her carseat with her canopy over her unless she's hungry or fussy. Im not going to let anyone hold or touch her to try and avoid any illness if at all possible. But Im SO ready to have some adult interaction and some spritual uplifting!
  • Options

We are planning to go to church this weekend.  LO will be exactly two weeks old.  Everyone at the church is really choming at the bit to see her in person ( a picture was included in the announcements last week).  DH works for the church so he has been showing pictures to everyone as they came in, but they have all been asking after her. 

I am a nervous to take her because we definitly have some "baby-stealers" in the congregations, and I am not ready for most people to hold her.  However I do not know how I can be polite about the cut off.  We are really close with about some of the people at church and some of them have already held her, but I don't know how to communicate the boundry.  It seem too much to say only DH, Mom and me can hold her, especially since there are those people who I trust,

Luckily we do have a crying room at the back of the sanctuary I can use no problem.  But to be honest unless she was crying I wouldn't bother, babies often fuss or talk during church and no one minds, sometime people even laugh at them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pics-25untitled_zps5ec34838Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We are going to try and take him this Sunday and take him into service with us. I'm one of the worship leaders at our church so he should be used to the loud music from when I was pregnant :)
  • Options
    We went last Sunday. Our church does have a nursery, but no way am I dropping off DS yet. I took my nursing cover, but I fed him before we left and changed him, and he slept through the whole service (an hour). I do keep an extra of everything in the car, including clothes for me and DH, just in case. I know that sounds crazy, especially when you have a diaper bag, but I totally saw a baby have an explosive poop down a dad's leg in church once.

• Options
    we took lo when he was three weeks and also on ash wednesday as well! he did reallly great, hes used to the noise and music, as we have taken him to the movies about 4 times already! we fed him  before and changed him, so he was asleep the whole time (hour long mass) but we still took in an extra bottle with an extra ounce just in case he woke up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We took LO this past Sunday,she was three weeks old.  I put her in our sling and she slept through the service.  We had a lot of people come up to us,but I find when she is in the sling, it creates a boundary. :) so no one was touching her etc. I love my sling! :)

• Options

we're avoiding church for a while in order to keep LO away from sick germs. Plus, we're still feeling a bit overwhelmed, and going out even just once a day is a big ordeal. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"