D.C. Area Babies
Options

gift for older siblings from the baby?

Did anyone do this? We brought DD a doll "from the baby" when DS was born but she was only 21 months old. She didn't really get it but was happy about the doll. Now that they're 5 and 3.5 they'll be happy to get gifts but is it necessary? They are both so excited about I don't know that we'll be getting a huge amount of gifts for the baby since it's our third child and second girl. 

Did you get your 3+ year old a present from the baby and if so, what did you get them?  

Married 7.9.05
DD1 9.24.06
DS 7.1.08
twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
DD2 4.7.12

Re: gift for older siblings from the baby?

• Options

How about a t-shirt or something that says "i'm the big sister/brother" or something else that celebrates their new status since they're excited about it?  maybe even a framed picture of them with their new little sister?

ETA: I forgot to think that the oldest is already a big sister...oops.  but maybe something that celebrates the sister-sister connection, maybe a matching outfit if she'd like that kind of thing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I got DD a book and some Disney socks when DS was born.  She was 2 years 3 months and liked the gifts, but I don't think the fact that they were "from" him really registered with her.  This time around, I had good intentions of getting something for the older two from #3.  But...it didn't happen.  And no one cared, thankfully.  They were caught up in the excitement of visiting the hospital, seeing the new baby, and exploring and getting to eat cafeteria food (yuck), as well as the special time they had with my mom while I was at the hospital...that was enough for them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got DD a jewelry box engraved with her name from her brothers.  They gave it to her when she got home.  Every day in the hospital we gave her a little something from mommy and daddy I.e. coloring/activity books, snacks, small toy.  I had a repeat csection, so I was there for a few days.  My DD was 4.5 when her brothers arrived.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"