Pennsylvania Babies
Options

What do you think I should do? (definitely TMI)

DH are officially on a TTC break as of this month. Last month we did TTC and then AF did end up showing up, or so I thought. It was EXTREMELY light, like I have never had it that light. It wouldn't have even required me to wear a pantyliner, except that I was paranoid that it would get worse but it never did... it just disappeared. The only time it showed up really at all was when we had sex (told you... TMI!!!) and even then it disappeared pretty much immediately after. So it was pretty much just spotting the entire way through it. I've been a tiny bit dizzy and nauseous (but that could be other things too), otherwise no sore boobs or anything, but I don't really get those for AF either. Do you think I should test or not test? I was thinking of running out to buy a $1 store test, but then I think to myself "no, you are just reading into this and it was just a weird AF and you aren't pg".

Maybe it is just my hopes. I know DH really didn't want to go on a TTC break... he's all the sudden come down the baby fever since our niece was born. The only thing stopping us right now is that I didn't want to have to put off student teaching in the fall, but if I were due in the summer (which I would be if I were pg right now from last month), then it wouldn't bother us.

Sorry this was such TMI. I just felt like I needed advice from you guys. I know some people have pregnancies where they spot the whole way through. I have a friend that is having that happen to her right now.

imageimage Nest Bio I My Blog 2011 Races: Robbins Run 5K Trail Run- 4/23/11 Turkey Hill Country Classic 5K- 5/7/11 MHA Ladies 5K- 6/4/11 Hershey Half Marathon- 10/16/11 Amish Country Half Marathon- 11/5/11 Turkey Trot 5K 11/24/11 Jingle Bell Run 12/11/11 Kris Kringle 5 Miler 12/18/11

Re: What do you think I should do? (definitely TMI)

• Options

Just test...then you'll know for sure one way or another.  GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How close are you to AF showing up this cycle?  If it's a day or two, I'd say wait and see, then test if AF doesn't show up.  But if it's a week or more, I'd say test. 

Yes, I'm one who alway says test.  If you think think there is the off possibility you may be pregnant, go ahead.  Yes, if it's negative, it is emotionally disappointing - but that's going to happen when AF shows up, anyway.  But if you are pregnant, the sooner you find out, the sooner you can start (or stop doing) the things you think don't matter because you think you're not pregnant.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I say as pp does if you are close to AF showing up then test if AF doesn't show.

But that light spotting last month could have been a late implantation spotting.

• Options
    I would test - otherwise you'll spend the next few days wondering !!!  Good Luck :)
  • Options

I would definitely test.  Yes it could end up being disappointing, but not knowing for sure would drive me crazy!  Good luck!

And as a side note... we were trying to "plan" a time of the year also to be due.  It totally didn't work.  Take the absolute worst week of the year (schedule-wise) to be due for us, and that ended up being my due date...  but it works out.  Was it easy? Heck no.  But you find ways to work through it.  So don't put too much pressure on yourself with trying to plan around things.  Good luck!

• Options
    I would definitely test! 
  • Options
    test. test. test!!
  • Options
    TEST Already!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks girls. I think I might run out tomorrow and just pick up a dollar store test and test. I am still about a week to a week and a half from AF.

imageimage Nest Bio I My Blog 2011 Races: Robbins Run 5K Trail Run- 4/23/11 Turkey Hill Country Classic 5K- 5/7/11 MHA Ladies 5K- 6/4/11 Hershey Half Marathon- 10/16/11 Amish Country Half Marathon- 11/5/11 Turkey Trot 5K 11/24/11 Jingle Bell Run 12/11/11 Kris Kringle 5 Miler 12/18/11
  • Options
    imagejldlm:

I would definitely test.  Yes it could end up being disappointing, but not knowing for sure would drive me crazy!  Good luck!

And as a side note... we were trying to "plan" a time of the year also to be due.  It totally didn't work.  Take the absolute worst week of the year (schedule-wise) to be due for us, and that ended up being my due date...  but it works out.  Was it easy? Heck no.  But you find ways to work through it.  So don't put too much pressure on yourself with trying to plan around things.  Good luck!

Thanks! We've talked about what we are going to do if I do end up pregnant and due during my fall semester. I would put off student teaching and just take some of my master's classes. I really want to student teach before I have a baby now because I will end up going an entire semester with not seeing DH during the week because he works 3rd and he would stay up with the baby during the day and then sleep in the evenings when I get home, so I'd see him on the weekends. With me not working it would make it difficult for us to pay for day care. But I know we can make it work if we have to. If I am pg now I might still student teach because I would start for another month after I'd be due, but if I get pregnant over the next few months, I'd have to put off student teaching until the spring because I can't be due during it. We are right now sort of trying to avoid (although not doing the greatest job). Really, I wouldn't be disappointed at all if I was pregnant and I know we could make it work. I would be THRILLED, haha.

• Options
    imagejldlm:

How true! We went off the pill in February but didn't officially start trying until August. I'm kicking myself now for that, knowing that I was having more clear signs of normal ovulation right after going off the pill versus the problems I'm facing now. I'm not even sure now why we decided to wait until August. It's like we wanted to wait until we were 150% sure instead of just going ahead when we already knew we were sure.

Yes, that time trying maybe/probably wouldn't have made a difference, but we would have more chances. I think society in general (yes, me) tries to plan everything just so...when all I really want is a happy and healthy baby.

Anyway, that was my own personal vent.

I say test so you know for sure, and GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"