October 2011 Moms
Options

Thank goodness for my right boob.

When I pump, it produces almost DOUBLE the milk when compared to the left.  WTH?!  Why is one boob a dud?  How can I help my poor left side?

BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d

Re: Thank goodness for my right boob.

• Options
    My left is your right! Claire has a clear preference for it too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The LCs I've met with say that everyone has a 'good girl' and a 'bad girl.' Most people have the heavy producer on the right, but that it can be the left, too. So strange, right? 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how you feel my boobs like to alternate production on me. So it's hard to make any adjustments. I don't know what kind of pump you use but can you pump the left side for 2-5 minutes longer than the right? Over time it should send the message to make more on that side. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My right boob is the same. In a previous discussion on this topic, another Bumpie called her good boob the "superboob" and I picked that up. So I have leftie and the SUPERBOOB!

PP mentioned that many people have better milk production in the right breast. Makes me wonder if its related to handedness. Maybe you hold LO more comfortably with the dominant arm which leads to better/longer sucking?? I'd always wondered if E prefers the superboob because its a better producer or if its a better producer because she preferes it. Chicken or the egg, huh??? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagerockdragon:
    I know how you feel my boobs like to alternate production on me. So it's hard to make any adjustments. I don't know what kind of pump you use but can you pump the left side for 2-5 minutes longer than the right? Over time it should send the message to make more on that side. 
    Mine alternate as well.  Most times it has to do with which breast she used last, that will usually produce less at my pump session.
  • Options

imagesewpinkgal:
    The LCs I've met with say that everyone has a 'good girl' and a 'bad girl.' Most people have the heavy producer on the right, but that it can be the left, too. So strange, right? 

Yup, this!  Mine alternate in blocks - I'll have a few weeks where righty is superior and then a few weeks where lefty dominates.

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    Lo prefers to eat from lefty and has no issues eating enough (we've done weighed feedings) but I can pump twice as much (like 3 to 4 oz vs 1 or 2) from righty. I think it has a faster, more forceful letdown. 
  • Options
    My right is my superboob but DS prefers the left. I think my letdown is too forceful on my superboob. 
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    My right started out as superboob, but now it's my left that is. I think my oversupply and forceful let down in righty caused ds to prefer lefty, so now that's why it's the big producer. Righty still has a faster let down.  I am right handed. lol.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Lefty was superboob, but righty is taking far longer to dry out...
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"