Babies: 0 - 3 Months

If my baby hates one of my breasts - ideas?!

Okay, so LO seems to like right over left. I don't want to walk around lopsided, so does anyone have recommendations?

Re: If my baby hates one of my breasts - ideas?!

• Pump on the left?

I had damage on my left due to improper latching, so I pumped that side for a week while it healed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try offering that boob when LO is calm before they start fussing.  If you don't want to be lopsided, it's important to keep offering it and getting LO to feed from it as much as you can until they take it without a problem.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Does the LO gag when he takes the side he doesn't prefer? The reason why I ask is because my left has a MUCH quicker/stronger let down then my right, so my LO HATES the left, I've began expressing some prior to feeding him on that side.
  • I found that earlier on LO had a preference, but after a few weeks it was better.
  • Try a different hold.

• I agree with all of the above. Try to start feeding before LO gets upset. Don't offer the non-preferred side if they are. Encourage feeding from that side as much as possible and try different holds. If LO is gagging or coughing trying expressing/pumping a little before offering that side. Ultimately, LO will probably even out eventually. DD #1 had a definitely preference for my right at first and DD #2 seems to prefer the left.
  • imageAshley&Scott:
    Try a different hold.
    This! We use cross-cradle for the right, and football for the left, so DD is essentially in the same position all the time.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• imagefrasey:
    imageAshley&Scott:
    Try a different hold.
    This! We use cross-cradle for the right, and football for the left, so DD is essentially in the same position all the time.

This is what I did with my first LO, although she still greatly preferred my left side.  I eventually weaned her because even with what she would nurse plus pumping on that side, by 3 mo I was lopsided and miserable....but doing cross cradle for my left and football for my right is the only way I made it to the 3 mo. mark with her!

With that said, my second LO is happy with either side!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"