April 2012 Moms

Just made DH take apart my breastpump.

I bought a Medela PIS back when I had DS1. USed it for him and DS2. Since my DS2 is almost 4, I wanted DH to make sure there was nothing hidden in there. I had done some research that said milk could have slipped thru membranes and gotten into the actual pump. DH works on pumps, so he told me he would disassemble it. Turns out, its fine. Yay! I wasn't looking foward to buying a new one. I don't know why they said milk can get thru into the pump. There's no openings back there. It's something that has an arm mechanism and creates a suction/vacuum by moving it back and forth. I'll be buying new tubing and membranes and stuff, but otherwise i'm thrilled this one is fine. I was so afraid he was going to open it up and find mold.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac

Re: Just made DH take apart my breastpump.

• They told us about that at our breastfeeding class - I have a friend that did have that happen.  She was using it for her 2nd child - but her hubby just cleaned it out really well and got all new tubes and parts for the insides - then it was just like new!  

I am renting a hospital pump now that I have a premie to pump for - but have a newer medela pump for later on when he is home and I am back to work... Although the Ameda that I am using from and at the hospital is pretty rockin.    I am on my second day of pumping (I am also a FTM) and have expressed (between hand and pump) almost 5 ml so far today (I still have two or three pumpings left to go today - so we will see what happens).  

I am so happy that your pump is all nice and clean! :) That is awesome news!  But even if you did find mold in it - it would just be in the tubings and you can clean it.  I did hear as well that there are a few companies that will clean/recondition it pretty cheap for you - which I thought was cool.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"