D.C. Area Babies
Options

shady grove people

how long did it take to get your first appointment there?  i talked to dh about my conversation with a couple of you, and we made a decision that we'll see what happens this cycle and next, and if nothing, we'll go to SG (as long as it's reasonably covered by insurance...)

if any of you have went there for secondary IF, was the pre-appointment testing the same?

Re: shady grove people

• Options

I didn't see your original post, but I called late last December and got an appt for mid-January. I probably could have gotten an appt sooner, but I wanted to stay with the same dr we had the first time around.

When I called, I asked if prior to the appt, there was any testing I could do b/c I was starting a new cycle in early January. So, they had me come in for the same testing as we did the first time around: CD 3 b/w and u/s and an HSG at the Rockville office (and DH did testing too). It was nice to get that testing done before the appt so we could talk through the results when we sat down with our dr.

Good luck! 

• Options

Getting the appointment was pretty quick.

Good luck!

I saw Dr. Sagoskin as my primary and really liked him. Dr. Stillman, who did my IUI, was also nice (for the few minutes that I actually met him, lol. I often see him quoted in various news articles about IF issues.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can't remember exactly - but I remember it was pretty quick - like a couple of weeks.  And then it took about a month to do testing and then we did an iui.

Also - I decided to take the first available doctor instead of waiting for a specific one - which made it go quicker.

Best of luck!!

• Options

I called mid-December, and got an appt in early Jan.  Tho we wanted to see our specific dr that we went to the first time.  We're doing FET, so it's a little different for us, but we too had to do bloodwork, u/s and we had to do an HSG again... I had a mild t-shape ute, and they wanted to see if my first pregnancy corrected it (which it did).  phew! 

One thing they had this time around, which they didn't have around the first time we got pregnant was additional genetic testing for a spinal abnormality (I forgot the name).  We opted to do the extra genetic testing.  If you do agree to the test, it delays your procedure by 3 weeks.  Meaning, they want the results of the test before they do an IUI/FET/IVF.   Ask your nurse about it. 

• Options

If you're willing to see anyone, it will be faster. I can't remember how long it took, but I seem to recall being shocked it wasn't longer. Probably took a month or less since that's typically the guideline I keep in my head of getting in as a new patient anywhere.

Dr. Stillman was my primary doc. He was WONDERFUL. I highly recommend trying to get in with him if you can. He's also the medical director of the Rockville office. Dr. Levy did 2 of my IUIs and I liked him well enough (as much as you can get to know someone for the 3 minutes they're in the room with you!)

You don't necessarily have to do your testing before your first appt, though if you don't that will delay you starting treatment until they set you up with them get the results. Also, if you walk in with test results (and charts if you've been charting) you'll probably be able to determine a course of treatment the first visit. That's what we did. If you think you will likely go through with the visit, it may not hurt to see if CWC will set you up with the Day 3/Day 21 bloodwork now, and go ahead and schedule an HSG. SG does make you both get a whole bunch more bloodwork done, and G will also have to get a semen analysis done if he hasn't already.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was seen about a month after I first called.  At my first appointment, they requested all of my medical records, specifically the notes from my c-section with my son.  We met with the RE, a nurse, and financial counselor.  The RE went over my medical history, made a preliminary assessment and ordered testing based on that.  All of the testing took one cycle to complete, them we returned to meet with the RE and began treatment.

I went to the Annandale office.  I'm a huge fan of Dr. Saffan.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekafunder:

I didn't see your original post, but I called late last December and got an appt for mid-January. I probably could have gotten an appt sooner, but I wanted to stay with the same dr we had the first time around.

When I called, I asked if prior to the appt, there was any testing I could do b/c I was starting a new cycle in early January. So, they had me come in for the same testing as we did the first time around: CD 3 b/w and u/s and an HSG at the Rockville office (and DH did testing too). It was nice to get that testing done before the appt so we could talk through the results when we sat down with our dr.

Good luck! 

I'm a little late on posting but wanted to say when I called in Feb it was a 4 week wait but I wanted a specific doctor (Dr. Chang in Rockville).  If you'll take the first available it may be a bit sooner.  I also didn't see your original post but wanted to mention that since I am coming in for a first time consult, they wouldn't bring me in for any testing prior to my first appointment so I asked my PCP to send me for Day 3 testing (which I'm now waiting to do).  There's a chance that Day 3 might actually fall on the day of my appointment so we'll see.  Wish I had thought of it sooner so I could have done the bw last cycle but what can you do?     

• Options
    Pre-DS, it was about 3 weeks, and we were able to get the specific doctor we wanted. We were surprised at the relatively short wait. That said, the appt after that took awhile because we had to get some lingering tests done (just when you think you've done everything under the sun over many months) and we were given wrong instructions about the deadline for those tests and how it related to insurance approval, so we couldn't do the next cycle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"