July 2012 Moms
Options

downthere... TMI

Ok, I know this is sooo embarasing, but I dont have anyone else to ask (im the first in my friends/family my age to get preg) soo here it goes..... What are you going to do to prepare your lady parts before going in to deliver? I mean by that question is, are you going to attempt to shave (im scared i wont be able to see what im doing), waxed, go all natural, etc???? I know everyone and their mother is going to be stairing at my personal space and im the only one who cant see it, so .... how should it look for its big show! haha im sorry this is just too much......

Re: downthere... TMI

• Options
    I'm planning (not that plans don't change) to do my best to keep shaved. I also plan on hair and make up too lol!! I feel like I will be better to deal with and in a better mood if I am comfortable with myself and I want to look the best I can for first pics with LO.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyName Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageblane2011:
    I'm planning (not that plans don't change) to do my best to keep shaved. I also plan on hair and make up too lol!! I feel like I will be better to deal with and in a better mood if I am comfortable with myself and I want to look the best I can for first pics with LO.

This is my plan as well. We'll see how well it works out Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby girl Pictures, Images and Photos BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

All modesty goes out the window when your in labor trust me you won't care on day of...

But if you feel strongly about it, just get a mirror and keep well groomed.

I thought you were going to ask about preparing your perenium, in that case sex is good, it naturally massages the area...

Oh and it's not TMI we are all women here and we all had sex to get here.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am hoping I can continue to shave and keep up with that area thoughout my pregnancy.  Not sure how hard that will be though since this is my first.  If I have to, I may ask DH to help. I know I'll feel more comfortable knowing that I look at least like I tried to be groomed down there!  Haha, I guess we'll just see how it goes.  At that point I very well may not even care.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • Options
    imagebobbiecashion:

imageblane2011:

This is my plan as well. We'll see how well it works out Wink

Same here!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am going to try to make things neat, but like a PP said, they've seen it all and I have to figure (hope) I am not the worst they've seen.

I do plan on taking some time to fix my hair and makeup before family comes in and starts taking a million pictures.  That might make me vain, but I don't really care.

• Options

I will be shaved.  I know I'm having a repeat c/s and I'd much rather do it myself than have the nurse do it.  I also took care of it myself with DD (she was a scheduled c/s).  I also did my hair and make-up before surgery.  I didn't look the greatest after, but I'm sure it was a heck of a lot better than what I would have looked like without it!

FWIW - You can do a pretty good job shaving without any assistance.  I would just feel for any spots I missed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Shave in the bathtub

you'll be surprised how high you can get your leg with the assistance of water!

• Options
    veet hair removal cream. it's safe for pregnancy. easy peasy.
  • Options

I know that if I ever tried to shave down there I would itch like crazy! I can never understand how people can shave and not be uncomfortable.

If it makes you feel any better I also work on L&D and I can say that it's 50/50 shaved vs unshaved ladies. I can also say that vaginas pretty much all look the same to doctors and nurses during delivery. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"