August 2012 Moms
Options

Dr. had to reschedule again... WWYD?

So this is the 2nd appt. in a row that my doctor has rescheduled due to surgeries that apparently take over her appts.  I never had a problem with this when I was pregnant with my son but my doctor was new to her practice.  It would not be a big deal but she is very hard to get into.  I have Wednesdays off so this is when I like to schedule my appt.  Well because of having to reschedule I cant get in for 2 weeks after my next weeks appt. that needs to be rescheduled.  When I am supossed to see a doctor every 4 weeks and am constantly being pushed back this is becoming an issue.  After my next appt. (whenever that will be) I will have missed  an entire month of time when I should have been seeing a doctor.  Am I overeacting or should I just find a new doctor.  I love my doctor but this is stressing me out to have to find a time when I can get into see her.  I make an appt. for a reason!
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dr. had to reschedule again... WWYD?

• Options
    That would bug me too. Is there not a PA or another doctor in the practice you can see when this happens?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Options
    I completly understand that a doc would have to be out for surgery. Especially an OB.  But it seems like they should be able to fit you in with another doc or physicians assistant, or even a nurse practitioner?  Imho, if they couldn't schedule me same day with a partener in the practice, I would start looking elsewhere.  My doc was out with a patient in labor at my 14wk check but they called me and put me with the PA, no problems.  It's just q+a session and heartbeat check, right?  And with my first two pregnancies I saw my general family physician and if she was ever out I was put with another doc in the practice same day, usually same time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel like its important to see the doctor and if its now going to be 2 whole months since your last appointment I would take time off work whenever they had an appointment. You only being able to go in on wednesdays makes it hard to set up appointments. I know that OB's often have to move things to accomidate women in labor or in need of a c/s, but you should be a little more flexible as well. If this is a doc you like I dont see a reason to change dr's, just ask for an hour off work for the appointment.

JMO

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"